0.6

{Mystic Falls, 2010}

Klaus had left later that night, accompanied by his mysterious friends. Before leaving he had informed Nora that he would return before sunrise, and also reminded her of his rules.

Although he seemed to forget to mention which sunrise he was referring to.

It was now late into the afternoon on Nora's second day alone. She had done many things in an attempt to keep her self sane; she read her way through one of Alaric's bookshelves, cooked, watched copious amounts of daytime reality TV, made the bed and even organised his cupboards. Alaric would be grateful when he returned from wherever Klaus had whisked him off to after he mysteriously collapsed.

The events of that night still confused her, she couldn't explain what she had seen, and none of Alaric's books offered concrete evidence, so Nora was left with an overwhelming amount of questions.

She had contemplated escaping- but what would she tell people? She was abducted by a mind-controlling body-jumper? And escaping meant returning to her life. In the past few months, Nora's heart had been shattered multiple times, and returning to her shared apartment, alone, knowing Stefan would never return, would shatter it beyond repair.

Her situation was not ideal, but it was better than being truly and utterly alone.

She ate dinner and pondered for awhile about what Klaus could possibly want with her. She wasn't special. Her life could be described as unremarkable really, coming from a small town, where every day was the same, with little to no chance of change. The same old monotonous routine, day in, day out...

Until one day, when Nora made the first spontaneous decision of her life. At first, she thought moving away to get a fresh start was cliche. But in hindsight, it was everything she needed, somewhere new, without the pressure of a predetermined life. She could be whoever she wanted to be, After spending her entire life searching for who she was, years passing by as she questioned why the pieces never quite fit, the change in location allowed Nora to truly become the best version herself. In New York, there was something for everyone, that being one of the benefits of such a large city, you find new and exciting people on every turn, like Stefan...

Bumping into someone on a street corner was something that Nora thought only happened in movies; the fumbled apologies and gentle brush of hands usually made her laugh. How cliche? She would think to herself, until it became an ironic reality, and she found herself smiling at those scenes.

"Shit.. sorry" her gaze was strictly focused on Google maps, you would think after 3 months in a city, you would know your way around.. at least a little bit. She attempted to step around whoever she had bumped into, hoping to ignore the comments they would mumble under their breath.