19. Chapter ~ 19 World Truth

Start from the beginning

"After the empire collapsed, the King moved as many Eldians as he could from the main continent and to the nearby Paradis island."

"He then used his Titan power to create millions of Colossal Titans, and used it to build three great walls, Maria, Rose, and Sina."

"Wait, are you saying..." Erwin glared at him.

"Yes. Within the walls these Titans are asleep even today." Said Eren glancing at the wall under their feet.

Erwin lowered his head, looking a little nervous for the first time.

Eren continued.

"After building the walls, the King turned Paradis into a kingdom of hermits, cut off from the rest of the world."

To ensure temporary peace for the people within the walls, the king left a warning around the world. "

"He said that if his peace was disturbed, he would let go of the giants of the wall, and use them to trample the earth."

"So we're not the last humans." Erwin spoke softly.

"No. Far from it and these other countries, they see us as a threat, because of the King's warning 100 years ago." Said Eren while shaking his head.

"So that's why they attacked Wall Maria. But why would they risk angering the king's descendants if it could mean the destruction of the world?" Erwin looked thoughtful.

Eren continues ...

"There are several reasons. First of all, they believe that Paradis is a ticking ticking time bomb, and it is only a matter of time before the Titans of the Wall are freed.

"As a result, they want to eliminate this threat. Another reason is that they want to restore Founding Titan.

"Even though Marley managed to become a world superpower due to the power of the Titans, the world changed."

"Soon conventional weapons will surpass the Titans' strength. In order to maintain their position in the world, they must take back the Founding Titan."

"I see. But why don't the king's descendants do anything? If the Founding Titans can control other Titans, they can use this power to make the Titans leave Wall Maria, or prevent them from entering. Why is that? They didn't do anything?" Erwin frowned.

Eren grimaced.

"Because of an oath the King made 100 years ago."

"Even though he threatened to trample the world, this was never his true intention ... It was just an empty threat meant to buy temporary peace."

"Before inheriting the Founding Titan, the King mourned the ruthless history of the Eldian empire, and all the people the Titans had killed."

"After inheriting the Founding Titan, the king initiated the events that led to the destruction of the Eldian Empire, and gave strength to the Marleyans, who had long been oppressed by their people."

"He then created this walled empire, and vowed to leave the war."

"The Founding Titan's true power can only be used by one of the royal blood."

"But because of the oath made by the King, all of his descendants who inherited the Founding Titan's powers were unable to use it, because they were bound by his will."

"The king knows that sooner or later the Wall will be attacked, and he plans to let everyone inside the wall die to atone for all the blood caused by the Old Kingdom in the past."

Erwin's face became serious as he processed what Eren said, and the implications.

"Did the King erase people's memories?" After a while, Erwin asked.