Loss of Balance

—

Shoto violently jerks to the side, his head lolls back with his limp body before being engulfed in pure darkness.

Izuku was only a few feet away from Todoroki before a loud thump alerts him of something. Quickly turning around, his view takes in the image of his lifeless friend spread across the floor. He acts quickly.

"Shoto? ... Shoto!"

Izuku thought nothing, his mind spiralling in his head. He hurries over to Shoto in a panting mess.

"SOMEBODY HELP, HE COLLAPSED!"

Izuku helplessly calls out into the hallways. He doesnt care who comes, he cares only for Shoto. A thick heavy silence replaces the once panicked voice of Midoriya. No one was coming and he was sure of it.

Izuku pushes the other male flat onto his back and checks his body for any injuries of some sort. There doesn't seem to be any. Then Izuku goes to clutch the others hand hoping for reassurement. His fingers brush against Shoto's skin. Instantly, Izuku pulls away, wincing in pain. Shoto was hot. Incredibly hot.

His body was definitely not at the right temperature it should be at. At this very moment, Izuku notices the sharp sweat beads lingering over Shoto's skin. This is not good. Izuku calls out again :

"SOMEBODY HELP, PLEASE!!"

Midoriya was beginning to sound more and more desperate. Lunch period was signalling an end, someone just has to be inside right now. He doesn't even bother if Mineta came and helped, he couldn't care any less. The worried boy turned his attention back to Shoto. His face was pale, it would seem he has a fever. Questionable as it sounds, everyone can get sick, even if your quirk can regulate your body temperature.

Izuku is definitely one for quirks. He carries around the same notebook jotting down bullet points on the topic. He was thinking of putting this down as well. For some reason, Midoriya had his own double spread for Todoroki's quirk, everyone else documented in the book was given a single page of details. Izuku doesn't really know why he's so into and interested in Shoto's quirk. Is he ... obsessed?

Izuku furiously shook his head to himself. Being obsessed with a boy -the same age as you to add- isn't what a straight guy would do. He's straight right?

Right?

Izuku was deep in thought when a sharp tap to his shoulder broke his trance. He hurriedly looks up to see ...

"Aizawa Sensei!"

The older male eyes the scene before him, Midoriya looked to be extremely worried and Todoroki? Passed out. That can't be good.

"What's going on, what happened?"

Midoriya nervously fidgets with his fingers.

"I-I think Todoroki-Kun has a bad fever..."