Faded

Sophie POV : 

As always , watching Skye had became a habit . No one believed in me except her . Everyone thinks that , elves aren't real , it's impossible . ( see what I did there ?? ) But she considered me as a friend . 

Lately , she has been changing , becoming older . She's starting to forget me , I don't know what to do . Being forgotten would mean fading away . I can't fade away , I want her to stay with me . I need to give her a sign . Show her that I'm real . But what sign ??? What can I give her so she understands that I'm real ?? 

It hurts , I'm feeling so weak . Including all the kids on Earth , she's the only one that loves me or even believes in me . Skye needs to remember me , I can't imagine her grow up so fast and forget me even faster . 

She's forgetting me faster and faster , I can feel it !! I can feel myself starting to fade away . I don't have much longer . I might disappear in a day . Maybe even less if she continues to forget me so easily . 

Skye went out of the house and looked at her friends , her new friends . I don't why , but I felt like I was being replaced . I got closer to her , trying to think of what sign I could give her so she would know that I'm true . 

How about entering her mind ?? Maybe I could make her remember me that way ?? I hope so , I hope I'll be able to stay here . I closed my eyes to focus as I entered her mind . I searched every memory , every single part of Skye's life . Suddenly , I realised something . My eyes started to water as I understood .

 There was only one memory of me that she still remembers and that memory is starting to fade away . The memory of  The Moonlark's symbol . The one I used , when Keefe had became a polygot . 

Where can I find it ??? Where can I search for it ??  That's when it hit me : I need to go to The Lost Cities , go to Heavenfield and get the papers who have those symbols . 

I took my pathfinder as I started to focus . 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rushed upstairs , trying to get to my room as fast as I can and saw Edaline in her room . 

" Sophie " said Edaline " Why are you in such a hurry ?? Is everything alright ?? " 

 I stared at mom . I couldn't lie , no , everything was not alright . Not at all !! 

" No " I admitted " Skye , she's starting to forget me , I'm starting to fade away " 

I started crying . 

" Sophie " replied Edaline " If you fade away like Jolie and Amy did , I'll miss you , I hope you'll be able to save yourself , stay strong !! " 

I closed my eyes , wishing that she was right . I went to my room and started to search for the Moonlark's symbol . Where did I put it ??? It needs to be here !!! I need to find it or else 

I shacked my head , trying to stay positive . That's when I saw something under my bed . Finally !!! I found it !!! I can't believe it's here !! 

I took the pathfinder and light leaped to The Forbidden Cities . 

******************************************

Sophie suddenly felt weird and dizzy . 

Ugh !! This is getting more serious !!! I need to find Skye as soon as I can !!! I don't have a lot of time anymore !!! I need to be faster . 

I had finally arrived next to Skye's home . I climbed the stairs as fast as I could and felt too small , too weak , I can't do this !! I just needed one minute !! I'm so close !! I can't fade away now !! Please Skye !! 

( telepathic conversations in italic ) 

Remember me !!  I sent to Skye 

Skye had listened to me , but she ignored me . 

Pls Skye !!! I'm Sophie !!! I need you to stay with me !!  tried Sophie , again 

It was too late . I can feel it 

========================================

My vision became blurry and I started shedding tears . 

" Time passes " mumbled Sophie " Memories fade , feelings change , people leave . But heart never forgets , I'll miss you Skye !! Thank you for everything . Don't ever forget that Love has it's own colour . Share it with someone before it fades away " 

I took a shaky breath . 

The time has arrived . I'm faded

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3rd POV : 

Skye couldn't stop laughing with her friends , this was the best day of her life !!!! She finally felt happy and loved . Her phone rang . 

" Hey mom !! " started Skye " Of course !!! Yeah , I'll be here in minutes !!! Don't worry !! We aren't that far away from home , it won't take a lot time " 

Then she looked at her friends . 

" I'm sorry guys !! I need to go to the house !!! Mom needs me " apologized Skye 

" It's alright !!! " they replied , together . 

I sighed . 

" Goodbye !!! " 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As promised , Skye came home as fast as she can . 

" Hello mom !! What's wrong ??? " asked Skye 

" Hey sweetie !!! Can you please help me to clean up this place ?? " 

" Of course !! " 

I headed towards my room , starting to clean up . That's when she saw something in front of the door . ( Skye's thoughts in italic ) 

What is that ??? A paper ?? 

I took the paper as I stared at it . This feels familiar !!! That symbol !! Isn't that ?? 

Her hands started shacking and her eyes started to water . 

It's the Moonlark's symbol !! So , after all this time , it was all real ??  So , does that mean that Sophie ......

That's when she noticed some words written on the paper . She read it , it said : 
Don't ever forget that Love has it's own colour . Share it with someone before it fades away

Skye read it , again , again and again . She promised herself to never ever forget Sophie , she will always remember her . She'll love her . She fade away , thinking that Skye didn't care about her and that was wrong . 

Very wrong !!! Skye cared about her a lot !!!

But Little Did She Know That Sophie Was Coming Back