Chapter 66 - The Goblet of Fire

____________________________________________________________________________

To the divine, 

mischievous

spark in you.

____________________________________________________________________________

"I don't believe it!" Betelgeuse heard Ron holler as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the party from Durmstrang. "Krum, Harry! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," Hermione replied. "

Only a Quidditch player?" Ron asked, looking at her as though he could not believe his ears. "Hermione — "

Betelgeuse blocked Ron's rant out as she crossed the Entrance Hall with the twins and Lee, trying to spot Angelina and Alicia. Her height allowed the girl to have an excellent view of the Hall and quickly recognised her two friends already sitting at the Gryffindor table. Meanwhile, Lee had not been granted the privilege of high.

The Gryffindor Quidditch commentator attempted jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head as several sixth-year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked —

"Oh, I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me —"

"D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

Betelgeuse paused before exchanging a perplexed look with George. The tall boy shrugged at a loss of words as Fred walked beside them to the Gryffindor table and sat down.

"Lipstick?" Betelgeuse inquired.

George hummed, glancing at Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students. "Maybe, Freddie boy here could help. He did swallow a whole lipstick once. Didn't he?"

Lee snickered at George's comment as Betelgeuse heard a loud scoff from Fred as he rested his chin on her right shoulder.

"It was a free sample, George. What did you expect of me?"

The Black heir diverted her attention from her group of friends and let her grey eyes sweep over the new Hogwarts guests.

The students from Beauxbatons had preferred seats at the Ravenclaw table. They were looking around the Great Hall with sullen expressions on their faces. Three of them were still clutching scarves and shawls around their heads. They had not been so far-sighted with their choices of attire.

Her keen eyes moved from the silk-clad students to the more heavily covered Durmstrang guests.

Viktor Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students had settled themselves at the Slytherin table. Betelgeuse met the pale grey orbs of her cousin as the boy sent her an arrogant smirk before bending forward to speak to Krum.

Betelgeuse refrained a smile to blossom on her fair face. She still had to discuss the accident with Draco; nevertheless, she was pleased that he enjoyed himself.

When all the students had entered the Hall and settled down at their House tables, the staff entered, filing up to the top table and taking their seats. Last in line were Professor Dumbledore, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime.