Chapter 20 - Cornish Pixies

_______________________________________________________________________________

"The foulest creatures known to wizardkind!"

________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, Betelgeuse arrived at the Gryffindor table for breakfast with The Daily Prophet in hand. She marched to the twins, putting down the newspaper in front of their eyes.

The first page said 'FLYING FORD ANGLIA MYSTIFIES MUGGLES!' in bold black letters; there was even a moving image of the car.

Fred looked down at it. "They made the front page," he commented, eyes wide open.

"Recon Ronniekins is trying to one-up us," George said, making his brother scoff.

The three of them were in the middle of their Quidditch discussion when the morning mail arrived, and with that, the loud voice of Molly Weasley.

"RONALD WEASLEY! I'M ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! — STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE —"

Molly's yells were a hundred times louder than what Betelgeuse remembered. She saw Ron sank so low in his chair that only his crimson forehead could be seen.

"— LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED —"

"— ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED — YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE! WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

Betelgeuse thought again about how unnecessary shame Ron was experiencing before the entire school. A ringing silence fell. The red envelope burst into flames and curled into ashes.

"Well," Betelgeuse broke the silence, standing. "I am off to Herbology. I have seen and heard enough of yelling for today."

☆☆☆

Betelgeuse has been coming back from her Ancient Runes class on the sixth floor when she met the twins before their DADA classroom.

She had had a fascinating lesson on the Hydra, and she had delayed her departure from the class, wanting to talk with Professor Bathsheda Babbling. Now she was debating skipping a class for the first time; nonetheless, she followed the twins inside the classroom. Lockhart had decorated the room with his own pictures.

"Egotistical big-headed peacock," Betelgeuse muttered as she sat between the twins at the back of the class.

When the entire class was seated, Lockhart cleared his throat theatrically, and silence fell.