CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

_____

From the sound of his voice, I raised my head to look up to the taller figure of a newly welcomed noble.

His blonde hair bounced as he strode towards the Empress, and his green emerald eyes met mine briefly before glancing up towards Aureus.

"Greetings to the Empress, her majesty. Blessings and prosperity for the Vermillion Empire." He bowed down respectfully, a hand offering to greet her with a kiss.

She accepted without hesitation, putting her hand on his, as he pecked the back of her palm. Yep, that's common courtesy. But this noble is far too confident!

That's an Empress, sir! I mean, that can be natural but at the same time, it doesn't seem like it to me! Just what—ehem.

Maybe my son insticts is just kicking in.

"I apologize for my rash behaviour, your majesty." He spoke, before anyone could even try to talk. A small grin appeared on his lips that adorned his almost perfect and good-looking features. "Had I known about the situation, I wouldn't dare be so impudent to act on my own will."

"That better be the last time, Archduke Shaman." The Empress bluntly replied, her silver eyes looked down on him. He only smiled widely, before standing up. And wait, Archduke? Then that must be the reason why the Empress allowed it for him to greet her that way.

His emerald green eyes surprisingly landed on me, making me blink. Is he gonna go for me next?

If my memory serves me right, he's the cousin of the Emperor. It can't be a brother, since their looks doesn't look similar. The pure lineage of the Imperial blood have silver eyes, and not emerald.

He must have got both looks and his last name from his father, since his mother is a princess with the name Xi Vermillion, like any Imperial family has.

I wonder if either me or Klydeur can become an Archduke. If I become the Emperor, then maybe him. Or if he becomes the Emperor instead, then it will be me. But it only depends if we ever get to do something honorable for the empire.

"As expected of his highness. His brilliance is incomparable to others!" The Archduke exclaimed which surprised me, beaming another blinding smile that complimented his physical appearance. He even clapped his hands, urging the other nobles to clap awkwardly as well.

Uh, why do I feel like he's a Klydeur 2.0?

"May I ask how you were able to have a grasp of the situation?" He added, his gaze still on me. His eyes even seem like they're smiling at me as well from how they are curved like the moon.

Ha. He really ruined my time to explain the situation slowly.

"I've been observing through someone's magic that allowed us to watch the participants earlier

"I've been observing through someone's magic that allowed us to watch the participants earlier." I replied, carefully sorting out my thoughts and my words, since I need to make sure I can explain my point and not be suspicious.