CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

______

"What—" Klydeur closed his eyes, contemplating with himself whether or not he'll talk back to me and start another arguement. "Are you saying I'm impulsive?"

"Indeed." I responded rather quickly for him to react. "The fact you said you can help through healing magic that you've learned from Eldest, means that you must be expecting the missing nobles to be hurt, don't you?"

He blinked his eyes, surprise evident on his face. "That's what is likely to happen anyway." He reasoned, furrowing his eyebrows. "What else could happen when they have gone missing?"

I shrugged, not bothering to give him the answer as I chose to keep it for myself. "I need to talk to mama." Standing up, one of the knights decided to escort me out.

Klydeur wasn't able to react and before he can protest, I quickly left the room and walked downstairs, with one knight behind me and the other is left with Klydeur.

If I want to help without looking suspicious as to how I knew of the planned situation, I need to devise a plan and take a different approach.

My only problem is: I don't know how.

"Crown prince?"

I only made eye contact with the people around me as they dared not to approach me. My silent stares probably terrified them in their spots and chose not to block my way.

As soon as the crowd dispersed, making way for me to walk towards the Empress, the knight behind me followed suit with no objection nor hesitation.

I like this knight.

"Your majesty." As soon as I reached the front, I bowed down to the Empress and decided to greet her formally. "May I have a word about the situation?"

The higher ranked nobles around her soon gazed down at me. Some due to curiousity, while some can't even hide their intentions.

"You may." The Empress simply responded as she signaled for me to rise, and so I did. Eldest and Ashley stood there silently, confused why I bothered to get involved with the situation.

I smiled calmly at her, glancing towards the nobles swarming her. "I believe the situation is in dire need of attention. Thus, you've sent the knights ahead. However, I can only think that it will be in vain."

"Are you saying the Empress made a rash decision?" One of the elder nobles chose to talk back to me, raising an eyebrow. "You may be the crown prince, but this matter is not in your reach somehow."

The nerve of this noble. Let me finish, will you?

 Let me finish, will you?

"Think about it. You yourself said that the Empress won't make any rash decisions." I spoke slowly, trying to make a point as I made myself sound persuasive enough to pique their curiousity.