S1 E5

Number Five

[In heat of the moment- now playing]

Fire, destroyed building, and ashes falling

Five wheels the cart behind him. In the cart is Dolores, an umbrella, and other pieces of junk.

He passes cars and building burn to ash. He continues to walk, taking a sip of his water. 

An older Fiver is now walking with a wheel barrel behind him. Snow falling on the ground as he is covered with jackets. Dolores is also in a jacket and hat.

Summer comes to the man as he rides the bicycle dragging more of his stuff behind him. Years have passed, so much that his beard and hair are now grey. He walks over with a drink in his hand.

The walls around him full of equations. 

"Do you remember that, uh, little mansion just outside the city limits?"

"Where we..." He stops as if she talked back, "Yeah."

"Yeah, well, it turns out the wine cellar was untouched. Picked up a few cases of your favorite Bordeaux." He takes a chug of the alcohol, "Hm. Ah, that's an exaggeration. I don't drink too much. You know, I work hard all day. I..." He looks offended, "Why would you even say that?"

He stops hearing footsteps approach, he gets his riffle and points it at a blonde lady wearing a hat. She waves at the man.

~~~~

I wake up with a headache, as I look down I see five's hand on my waist. We were cuddling under the blankets

"eight, please" I heard him whisper in his sleep

I gently lift up his arm and make my way out the bed, seeing Luther asleep on a chair. 

Diego has nothing good in his kitchen so I turn around to go back to bed, but I'm faced with five in front of me.

"Jesus shit five! what the hell?" I say startled

He only looks at me, the same face he had in the van plastered on him.

"Five what is it?" He doesn't respond, "Five?" I say

"eight, I'm so sorry, please stay" he cried

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to what I just read, "What happened Five?" I whispered

His face soften as I held his hand

"Hey you two are awake" Luther interrupts, "We need to talk"

"When's it supposed to happen? This... apocalypse." Luther asks after he explains

"I can't give you the exact hour, but... from what I could gather, we have four days left."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"It wouldn't have mattered." I say rubbing my head

"Of course it would." He looks at me then Five again, " We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing."

"For the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?"

"I found all of you." He looks at me briefly, "Your bodies."

"We die?"

"Horribly. You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"Wait, how do you know that?" He knits his eyebrows together

"This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you. Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down."

"Whose head?"

"Like he said, he doesn't know." I say

"Well, there's a serial number on the back." Five says

"Think maybe you could try..."

"No, that's a dead end." I exhale