Story 8 - Amber's surprising birthday gift

Comenzar desde el principio

Varian – Moving on. Anyway, the rocks started destroying everything.

Cassandra – We said rocks but they were more like spikes.

Varian – The point is, I was fourteen at the time, and they started destroying my home.

Amber – That's awful.... But what does any of this have to do with my name?

Cassandra – He's getting there.

Varian – Well, my first response was to study them and-

Amber – Try to find out what caused them.

Varian – Exactly... but my dad told me not to.

Cassandra – Your grandpa Quirin. *she whispered to Amber*

Varian – My dad said that he had it handled, so me and him went to see the king.... And I was told to stay back.

Cassandra – Which as a parent I understand.

Varian – Oh, yeah! He was just protecting me.... But... He said that we just needed more land.

Amber – What? He didn't even mention the rocks?

Varian shakes his head.

Varian – This led to... a few disagreements... But... long story short I disobeyed my father and started using alchemy on the rocks.... And... when he walked in.... there was yelling, and shouting....

Varian said getting lost in bad memories.

Cassandra put her hand on Varian's shoulder comforting him. He gave his wife a smile and put his hand on hers then continued.

Varian – Then... from behind us my experiment started going wrong... I didn't see it... but my dad did... He... he pushed me out of the way.... When I looked back... this amber was there, incasing him.

Amber looked at the amber her father gave her for her birthday.

Amber – Is this-?

Varian – Yep.... A piece of it.

Amber gasped while she could feel her fathers feelings not knowing what she would do if that happened.

Varian – I panicked.... And.... I ran through a blizzard to get help from Rapunzel.

Amber – WHAT?!?!?! A BLIZZARD!!!! Dad that's amazing!

Cassandra – I know, he's pretty awesome.

Varian – *smiles at his wife then continues* When I made it to Rapunzel.... She told me that she couldn't help me.

Amber – WHAT!?!!? You needed help and-

Cassandra – Well. I don't know if Varian knew then or not... But that blizzard was something Rapunzel had to deal with, and her parents weren't around, and it was her first time filling the position of queen.

Amber – I guess that makes sense.

Varian - *takes deep breath* W-When... w-w-when I came back... my dad was frozen in the Amber.

Amber let out a quiet gasp and covered her mouth.

Varian – And... before then... Rapunzel promised me EVERYTHING would be ok.... It wasn't....

Cassandra started holding Varian's hand letting him know he wasn't alone. (WE ARE ALSO HERE FOR YOU VARIAN!!!! THE VARIAN PROTECTION SQUAD IS HERE!!!!)

Varian - .... I'll just say it... I lost control.... I turned.... Evil.

Amber's eyes widened and she dropped the Amber on the ground and it cracked. (It didn't break in half or anything don't worry)

Varian – I told myself it was Rapunzel's fault... but I was just letting my emotions cloud my thinking.... Like I said I was only fourteen.

Cassandra – I remember when we found out you were evil.... You gave the world a truth serum.

Varian – .... Afterword's... there was a battle of me against Corona....

Amber - .... You were.... A villain?

Cassandra – It wasn't just him in the family.

Amber – What do you mean?

Varian – We will get into that another time... but... *sigh*

Cassandra – I remember the day going against you. I was ready to.....

Varian – I don't blame you.

Cassandra gave her husband a kiss on the cheek letting him know she was there for him.

Amber - .... Wait... you named me after something that ruined your life?!

Varian – No! It.... It caused a lot of things.... But others things happened later that we will wait a little longer to tell you... but... I could relate to people in the situation. And.... If it weren't for that... some things wouldn't be the way they are now... I was thrown in prison for a year... but when I got out I was still evil... but... Rapunzel believed in me... she.... I redeemed myself... I regret a lot of things... but they still happened and made me who I am today. Rapunzel also helped me.... And I got my dad back.

Amber – And.... Wow....

Cassandra – And.... After he was an adult and we were dating. When we found out we were having a baby girl.... I immediately knew to name you Amber.

Amber – I don't understand.

Varian – I didn't either until....

Cassandra – It was a way of showing dominance. Saying the past doesn't define us but it does make us who we are.

Varian – I don't want to forget those things that happened. And I probably never will.... So we named you after the Amber.

Amber - .....

Varian – Are you upset?

Amber – Well... it's not every day that you find out your father was a villain.

Cassandra – We know it's hard to process... but he's not that guy anymore. We just knew you were a lot like him... and we want you to learn from his mistakes.

Amber – Wait.... Are you worried I might one day become evil?!

Varian - ... ask yourself... if what happened to me... happened to you... would you still be the same?

Amber - .... I would do the exact same thing....

Varian – I know... but I'm not going anywhere. And if I do... don't do what I did ok? And your Ulla's older sister.... Make sure she doesn't either.

Amber – I promise.

Cassandra – We don't say I promise around your father.

Amber – I will do everything I can.

Varian – That's my girl.

All of them hugged. And Amber said something that WAS A PROMISE!!!! AND SHE WASN'T GOING TO BREAK IT!!!!!

1388 words.... wow...