Chapter 40: A Serene Ending

Start from the beginning

"I did what I thought was the best. Thank you" I said in delight.

"Alright! The Judge is coming, and your husband is outside! Are you ready, Miley?" Mr. Shields asked in delight.

This was it. The moment that would change our lives forever. I couldn't be happier.

(3rd's POV)

The Judge stood at his seat as everyone took their seats in the gallery. The courtroom didn't change, but there was a stand for Klavier, Franziska, and Sebastian to perform on. However, there were white streams and white flowers hanged around the courtroom. Miles stood at the prosecutor's bench with Raymond Shields at his side. Larry Butz stood at the defense bench with Maya Fey. Everyone else was seated in the gallery. Trucy then skipped in with the flowers she made appear from her magic. She then stood at the defense bench with a huge smile on her face. Then, the courtroom doors opened as Phoenix held the biggest grin on his face. His mother and him walked down the aisle until his mom went back to the gallery and left Phoenix at the defense bench. Phoenix just had to take it all in. Larry, Maya, Iris, Pearls, Trucy, Kay, Sebastian, Klavier, Franziska, Nahyuta, Blackquill, Athena, Apollo, Juniper, Clay, Wocky, Ema, Gumshoes, Maggey, Lang, Justine, Katherine, Aura, Lana, Makoto, Kyoko, Hershel, Claire, Alfendi, Katrielle, Flora, Clive, and Luke. All of them had come to their wedding. They were watching and going to celebrate it together.

"Ladies and gentlemen of this romantic gallery, we are here today to celebrate the union of Defense Attorney Phoenix Wright and Acting Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth" the Judge began, "If there is anyone who does not wish for the two of them to marry, speak your objections now"

The room was silent for a few minutes. It wasn't a bad silence either. It was a peaceful one.

"Very well" the Judge continued, "Over the years of observing the law, I have never seen a union like this before. Though, I am very delighted a union like this is about to be made"

Phoenix and Miles could only smile at each other.

"Now, please say your vows" the Judge said with a nod of his head.

Miles went first as Mr. Shields stepped up to give Miles's vow to him. Miles opened it as he smiled softly.

"Phoenix, you are that man that shines brightly in my life" Miles began strongly, "I never thought I would see that kind of light again since my father died. I thought I was doomed to the darkness I was trapped in. Yet, you never gave up on me. You were there at my side and stood up for me. You accepted all of me for who I am. Phoenix Wright, I cannot, no, I couldn't imagine my life without you. You are truly the light in my world. I love you, Phoenix Wright"

There were some tears, gasps, and cheers at Miles's vow. Phoenix was crying as his mother was cleaning his face with a grin as Larry gave him the vow.

"Miles Edgeworth, you are always a part of my life. You are the reason I am a defense attorney, a job that I love and enjoy so much. Miles, you have made my life filled with adventure and love. I have met so many people, gone on so many adventures, and belonged to so many stories. It is all because of you, Miles. I don't think my life couldn't have been better without you. You mean so much to me. You love me for all of my flaws and issues, and trust me, I have a lot. Thank you so much, Miles. I love you, Miles Edgeworth" Phoenix proclaimed as he continued to cry.

Everyone in the gallery was crying and cheering.

"Now, the rings please" the Judge asked as John Marsh rushed in with the rings on a pillow.

He stood between Miles and Phoenix. They each put their rings on each other's fingers as they grinned.

"Now, do you, Phoenix Wright take Miles Edgeworth as your devoted husband?" the Judge asked calmly.