Chapter 18

loong chapter (*~▽~)

The love that we're chasing is a heart break away

'Cause we're picture perfect in a broken frame

- Alex and Sierra

Broken Frame

*Claire's POV

I drove down the street, with the radio blasting, trying to find a place where my parents might've gone. I know that a divorce happens in a court, so I drove down to city hall hoping they would be there. Parking my car, I zip up my jacket as the weather in NYC was getting cold. I walked inside city hall, looking around the big building. I checked the time on my phone.

5:30 pm

Then I realized, I left Brandon at home. It was close to dinner and he's now home alone. I regretted running out the door just to find my parents but they needed to hear my opinion on this divorce. I stood in the middle of the hall while people walked passed me, giving me weird glances. Then I heard a familiar voice down the hall.

Mom.

Running down the hall, I could already feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked, as I got nearer to them.

My mother gave my dad a confused look before saying, "Sweetheart?"

"Don't you dare think I don't know." I spilled out. "You go to court without telling your daughter? Did you ask your daughter how she felt about this divorce? No!"

"Claire, stop." My dad interrupted.

"No, you stop. You didn't want me in the first place. I'm just a mistake, isn't that right mom?" I cried.

My mom came closer to me as she tried to calm me down, "Honey, where did you hear that?"

"Really? Are you kidding me? Did you just pretend that I didn't hear a thing?" I yelled, getting frustrated. "I heard you! You never wanted kids! So, I'm clearly a mistake!"

"Claire, listen to m-"

"Ma'am, could you please exit the building and take this fight elsewhere," asked a security man, pointing towards the door.

"Of course, sorry." My mum replied, grabbing my arm and pulling me along. "We will talk about this when we get home."

"Please, specify we. You and dad or only you?" I grumbled.

My mother sighed as we all exited the door, "Your dad."

"What!?!" I yelled. "This is even worse! What if I need you mom?"

My mother gave my dad a nervous glance as she spoke, "You won't need me. You've grown to be a beautiful young lady."

"Mom, you can't just leave me now! What about graduation? What about my wedding? You'll never see me again!" I cried, as my heart broke in two. Thinking about it, my mom didn't even give me a second thought. She just wanted us out from her life. I thought it would be my dad that will leave. Not my mother.

"Your dad will be here to support you." My mother smiled, looking at my dad.

"Mom, you can't leave. I need you in my life. You are my support whenever I'm down" I whispered, wiping the tears off my face.