Chapter 16

*there's a flashback in the chapter... enjoy (^.^) *

* Claire's POV

It's been two weeks since I've heard from Josh. To be honest, I'm pretty happy he's avoiding me. It gave me time to think about the feelings I have for him. I've decided the only way to get rid of him is to make him jealous. But I need help to plan out the process. So, I called up Ava and decided to meet at a coffee shop in town. It became chilly in NYC considering winter was coming up. After being an hour late, Ava finally came and we both settled down inside the shop.

"Okay, what's your plan?" Ava asked, while rubbing her hands together.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and replied, "I'm planning to make Josh jealous so he would avoid me from now on. I don't want be involved with him anymore."

"Are you just hiding your feelings for him? Is that why you're pushing him out?" Ava smirked.

"No! I don't want to do this fake boyfriend anymore. I'll just confront Matt and tell him it was a lie and then get out of this business," I sighed as I pulled out my phone.

"Whoa, wait. What are you doing?"

"I'm updating Josh's status to single."

"No!" Ava yelled, causing everyone to look at us. She blushed and lowered her voice. "You don't even know him yet. Get to know him better, then decide if Josh is good for you."

"He's a douche, Ava. I think I know my decision," I said.

Ava crossed her arms and said, "Seriously? Claire, I think you and Josh got off on a wrong start."

"Pushing a girl against the wall and kissing her without getting to know her sounds like a wrong start," I huffed out.

"Okay, good point. But I still think you shouldn't jump to conclusions yet. What if he's a nice guy in the inside?" Ava pointed out.

I tipped my head back and laughed, "Ava, you're funny. He told me he doesn't date nor does he believe in love. That doesn't sound like a great guy."

"Fine," Ava sighed, finally giving up. "How are we going to make Josh jealous?" she asked, pulling out her phone.

"I don't know. I'll just date Matt or someone and hopefully he will forget about me," I said.

Ava thought about it for a minute before saying, "So right now, you're updating his status to let him know that you're over him. Then date another guy to give him a sign that you're not his girl. That idea might work.."

"Alright, so can I change his status?" I asked, pulling out Facebook on my phone.

"Yup, go ahead sister. I'm going to order something. Do you want anything?" Ava asked, standing up from her seat.

"A hot chocolate would be great, thanks!" I replied. Ava nodded her head and went off to buy drinks. I typed down the message for his fans which has surprisingly increased over the past month.

Today is your lucky day, ladies. I am now single.

I clicked post and my notification instantly went crazy. I smiled at the reaction and decided to write another post.

I realized I was a self arrogant jerk that didn't deserve the girl. Apparently, I'm an impossible douche bag that doesn't recognize peoples feelings.

I laughed at my post and gave myself a high five. I was thinking of another way to make Josh look bad in front of the media until I was interrupted by Ava.

"Here's your drink m'lady." Ava bowed before handing me my drink.

"Thanks Ava. You're a doll." I said, taking a sip of my drink.