Chapter 16: The Devil Fruit

2nd day~

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up in the uncomfortable bed and went to the washroom. I took a quick shower and put on my maid outfit. A knock came on my door and I opened it. "Kitten, are you ready to go to the market?" Prince Alaric asked. He was wearing a casual black shirt and pants. "Good morning Master. Yes, im ready to go" I said cheerfully. "Good let's go" he said and dragged me away from my room. We walked down the hallways together and came upon Princess Adelaide. "Oh where are you both going?" She asked. "We're going to the marketplace" Prince Alaric answered. "Oh...well, please come back for lunch! I'll be sure that my chef prepares the most exquisite meal" she says and he nodded and dragged me away from the castle without saying goodbye. I felt a little bad for Princess Adelaide.

We walked to the marketplace and there was quite a few people walking around and bargaining for low prices.

"Kitten let's go to the cafe to have some breakfast" he said and dragged me again without letting me speak

"Kitten let's go to the cafe to have some breakfast" he said and dragged me again without letting me speak. We ended up going to Le Flora cafe. The waiter gave us complimentary water. I ordered a (Favourite breakfast) and he ordered some caviar and toasted bread. The waiter took our orders and walked to the kitchen. "Kitten, have you ever had a boyfriend before?" He asked. "W-what?" I said in surprise and choked on my water. "W-well, no. Ive not had a boyfriend before.." I continued. "Ah, I see. If you are to have a boyfriend in the future, what's your type?" He continued asking. "Well, I like guys who are sweet, loyal, kind and caring" I said dreamily.

Prince Alaric's POV
'So she likes those types...well good. Luckily I'm only sweet, caring and loyal to her when we get into a relationship. She will be mine and only. If someone dares takes her away from me, ill have to show my second personality to them...my twisted psychotic personality....I'll only show my first personality to (Y/N) which is being sweet, caring and loyal to her' i thought while smiling.

Back to (Y/N)'s POV
The food we ordered came and we started to feast. It was really delicious. "Do you like it?" Prince Alaric asked while smiling and I quickly nodded. "Im glad then. Hope your stomach still empty enough to eat some fruits..." He said and a plate of fruit kebab came into scene. The waiter put the plate down and went to another table. I managed to finish my food quickly since it was a small portion. "Here...let's share them" he said while handing me two sticks of fruit kebabs.

let's share them" he said while handing me two sticks of fruit kebabs

Then, I just realized they're heart shaped. I ate them and they tasted exotic. "Mmm...fruits taste so good especially after meal" I said and continued munching. After we both finished with our meals, it was time to pay the bill. "So, how will you pay your part of the bill?" He asked and I looked at him in shock. I didn't have any money! "I-i" I stuttered not knowing what to say. "Heheh..im just messing with you. I'll pay for it" he says and paid the bill. "Thank you so much Master!" I said. "Don't worry, whenever you need to pay for something just ask me. I'll pay for you Kitten" he said and I replied "N-no way! You can't do that for me! I can't accept it!". "Well, its prince's orders and you shall obey me" he said. 'Curse his privileges' i thought unhappily.

"Cmon, don't pout. We're gonna go buy the special fruits sold only at here" he said and i looked at him excitedly. "Heh, I know you're happy" he said and kissed my forehead. I blushed so hard I turned into a ripe tomato because Number 1, there's people everywhere. Number 2, he did it so suddenly. Number 3, he kissed me casually like it was a normal thing to do. "Heh, should I call you tomato face from now on?" He teased, amused by my reaction. "M-master!" I shouted quietly and hit him in the elbow.

"Let's go now shall we?" He said and pulled me to a small shop selling fruits. "Hello there! Would you like to buy some fruits? They're really fresh and delicious" the seller said. "Yes, I would like this and that" Prince Alaric said before I even got the chance to look at what he bought. "Right away, your highness!" He said and quickly packed it. Prince Alaric them paid the seller and sat me down on a chair with table. He sat on the opposite side and unboxed the fruits. "I bought the devil fruit special set. Apparently they're called devil fruit because they were originally used by a witch named Lonara. After the detectives investigated her workplace, it was found that she was using the fruits that were given to her by the devil to be used as ingredients for potions. After that, a poor person sneaked into her house and stole some of the fruits. He planted them and they managed to grow into fruit trees. It's said that if you eat devil fruits raw, it won't damage you in any way. But if you sprinkled it with some Talora scales and Calpius's blood, the fruit will be able to control your mind and body.
"I don't think I want to eat them any more..." I said doubtfully. "Its alright. You can eat them raw. Don't worry they're safe to be eaten when raw" he said and ate one.

Pick 1-2 fruits (the other two is for the Prince Alaric)

Water devil's fruit is blue
Flame demon's fruit is orange

Flower devil's fruit is pinkWind demon's fruit is greyish

Wind demon's fruit is greyish

"I'll pick these" I said and took a bite out of the fruit and it tasted like my tongue was on fire

"I'll pick these" I said and took a bite out of the fruit and it tasted like my tongue was on fire. "Ah!!!" I screamed then suddenly the fiery taste was replaced with a sweet sensation. It started to taste good and I continued biting the fruit. It didnt taste fiery anymore and it began to taste sweet like candy. Prince Alaric and I continued to chat and we went back to the castle after that.

I walked down the hallways not feeling hungry because the fruit was known to have a special power. Whoever that eats it will not be hungry without eating anything for a day.

I continued walking till a voice called me from behind. I looked back and it turns out that Princess Adelaide was calling me. "H-hey! Youre that maid of Prince Alaric right?" She asked and I replied "oh yes I am your highness. Is something the matter?". "Well, its not really anything but I would like for you to come to my room please. It seems like you are an interesting person" she said and walked away while gesturing me to follow her and so I did.