^^will never shut up about this jungwon

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Yena's POV
For the next few days, I tried to avoid going out at all. The fact that they even knew where I lived was creeping me out, and I was scared to leave the place. Sunghoon oppa had come to terms with the Crown Prince saving me, but not the fact Jungwon literally confessed to me right in front of his face.

We didn't tell Yeji anything that happened that night. She didn't know anything because she was sleeping. It was already past midnight and she had school the next day.

So up until the time Jungwon comes to fetch me, or maybe one of his guards come and fetch me, I'm staying put.

It's not like oppa lets me out anyways.

Oh and, Jungwon did give me his number. But I haven't had the courage to text him yet. It just feels so weird. To have the Crown Prince like you. That night felt like another dream. And my mind was just preoccupied by what he had said that night. I'm confused. Do I like him too? Or do I just pity him?

I sighed, and recalled what he said to me when he left.

"Give me 3 months. The duration of the selection. If I don't win your heart by then, you're free to go."

I sighed again, remembering that sad look on his face. It must have been hard. Losing someone who mattered so much to him at a young age, having his parents not care about that someone at all, having to bear the burden of being a Crown Prince the moment he was born... How is he able to cope with it? Or has he already just turned on auto-pilot mode and let his body move along to the flow, brain registering nothing?

"What ya thinking bout?" Jake asked. He had come over to hang out with oppa.

"Nothing..."

"You know I'm like your second brother. What's up?" I sighed.

"I'm thinking about the prince...."

"Ahh. Sunghoon was ranting. He confessed."

"Yeah."

"And?"

"I dunno whether I like him back or just pity him. I mean, he's been Crown Prince the moment he was born. His first love was kidnapped in place of him-"

"Wasn't he only 7?"

"Whatever. He must have had very fond memories. Anyways, his first love was kidnapped in place of him, his parents never bothered to look for her, then he has to wear a mask for 18 years. Then now he has to marry someone he doesn't like."

"Take out that last part because he actually likes you."

"If I even like him back by the end of 3 months."

"So you don't like him?" Jake looked like a confused puppy.

"I don't know!" I cried out and plopped my head down on the cushion.

"Pfft. Just give him a chance, I guess."

"Tell that to Sunghoon oppa. He'll flip out."

"He just has some beef with them. He'll sort it out." Jake shrugged.

"Hopefully...." I murmured.

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Jungwon's POV
I sighed as I threw down my mask on my desk, plopping down on my bed. Ah my sweet, sweet bed. So comfy. I wish I could just stay here forever.