[Y/N's POV - 2nd Person]

At school the next day, everyone was acting weird around me. The amount of slurs I heard that day shocked me. High schoolers are dipshits, case closed.

At the end of the day the principal called me to the seats outside of her office. I sat down to a typical white boy. He was messing around with a lighter and I watched him flip the cap off and throw it down again.  The clinking noise irritated me.

"Can you please stop that. Thank you." I said, expecting him to stop. He stopped, laughed slightly and continued to do the same thing as before.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. "Fucking rude." I whispered under my breath.

"I ain't taking instructions from a girl, especially a les." He slurred. I stiffened and turned to face him.

"I'm sorry? 'Les'?" I quoted him. He nodded in response.

"You and Sarah. That photo was hot though."

I stared at him in disbelief. "Wha-" I got cut off by the principal coming out of her office and inviting me in. I rolled my eyes - directed to the boy - and walked in. She sat me down and began to speak.

"I'm sure you know of the photo going around."

I opened my mouth to protest but she continued.

"It's been brought to my attention by many pupils and they have all said that it's distracting for them. Now, I don't mind you expressing yourself but please keep some things private."

"But, I don't know what you're talking about!" I exclaimed.

"Please stop lying, I know you do. And it doesn't bother me; the photo. And so you don't think I'm just saying that for the sake of it: I have a wife. We have been together for 12 years now so I am perfectly okay with it, but, it seems that the photo has been getting to parents and they aren't okay with it. I have had many emails from Sarah's father, angry ones mostly."

My mouth gaped open.

"But I- I don't know who took the photo! Me and Sarah didn't!"

The principal furrowed her brows.

"Hmm, well it does seems that the photo was taken through a window, perhaps you should look into the account that posted it if you don't know them."

And with that she took out her phone from her back pocket and showed me and Instagram page.

"Who is 'jay_kobbs'?" I questioned her.

She shrugged. "I haven't been able to look into it yet. Maybe you can tonight."

I thought about it.

"I can't. My phone's, uhhh broken." I lied.

She inhaled heavily and slapped her hands on her knees before getting up and walking to her desk.

She took out a post-it ad began writing something down. Once she was done she passed the note to me.

user: jay_kobbs
followers: 39
posts: 1

"Hope it helps." She said before letting me out.

I left school, studying the note. Sarah hadn't come in today, I think I know why now.

When I got home, I almost stepped on a letter that sat on the front door 'WELCOME' mat.

I picked it up and opened the door with my keys, still eyeing the letter.

When inside, I placed my keys and the note on the counter and turned the letter over to see my name written on the front. My heart lifted when I recognised the writing.

"Sarah?!" I thought happily. I tore open the envelope, slicing my fingertip on the side. Blood dripped on the letter but I couldn't help it so I let the crimson substance soak the charcoal words up.

I read rapidly but slowed down when I realised what she was saying. By the end of the letter, my eyes were glossy and my cheeks were stained with tears.

Dear Y/N,

I've only known you for about 4 days but I think we both know that our relationship isn't normal to some people. Especially my father. I want to love who I love without being bashed for it but it seems that isn't possible.

I know my father wouldn't be happy about the photo but I didn't think he would go as far as this:

He is taking me away to a camp that will supposedly 'fix' me.
I'm not broken. I'm not an object that can being mended.

I don't care what people say. They can torture and expose me as much as they want but that won't change the fact that

I.

Love.

You.

We might only be 14 but it's true.
I don't know when I'll be back, probably never since I'll never EVER fall out of love with you.

Please don't forget about me while I'm gone, I won't ever forget about you.

Goodbye Y/N,
I still fucking love you.

- Sarah

My knees gave out from under me and I buckled down on the floor. I choked on my sobs and could barely breath.

My dad came running in.

"Y/N? Y/N! Honey, honey what's wrong?! Please speak to me darling!" He pleaded.

I couldn't speak so I did what I only could.

I screamed.

I screamed so loud I could wake the dead.

It was a pained scream.

I simply let it all out.

Let it all out.