Chap 5 "Detective Work"

Deacon's POV

I saw Izzy walk into HQ. "Shouldn't you be in the hospital waiting for Eddie to wake up?" I asked as I walked up to her.

"I couldn't sit by and do nothing," Izzy nodded. "I'm here to talk to Hicks."

"What about?" Hicks asked.

"If I can use SWAT resources to help track down who's targeting the LAFD," Izzy stated.

"That's a pretty big accusation, considering what Hondo has told me," Hicks looked at me. "Why are you so interested in finding out who it is?"

"My husband is part of the LAFD, and he was shot earlier today," Izzy replied. "Now, they could've shot my friend Buck and they could've shot me but they didn't. I think they were only aiming for uniformed firefighters." I crossed my arms. "Now, I know I'm not a police officer or a SWAT officer, but I would like it if you please just let me find out who did this."

"If you can find who, we'll take them out," I stood behind Izzy on this one. "Hicks, she's got a point. I know she's personally involved, but LAFD is our red brothers and sisters."

"Who do you stand with?" Hicks asked. "You offered to find the shooter who shot your husband."

"I stand with the blue, I fight with the red, and I support the green," Izzy replied.

"Why did you mention the military?" Hicks asked.

"My husband was a combat medic in the Army," Izzy nodded.

"Really?" Hicks nodded. "Maybe we should recruit him for SWAT."

"He's staying with the one eighteen," Izzy smiled.

"Why don't you get to work?" Hicks sent her a small smile. "I'm going to talk to your dad." Izzy nodded and walked off. "What does she think she's going to find?"

"It was a sniper," I stated. "She might find out the gun and the caliber, but I don't think she'll find the shooter."

"We need to get this guy off the streets before he hurts one of us," Hicks replied. "Monitor her findings and keep me updated."

"Yes, sir," I nodded.

"Deacon, you need to hear this," Street stated.

"What?" I asked. I followed Street to Izzy as she was surrounded by the team. "Izzy?"

"Who are you?" Izzy asked.

"We're running a trace," Hondo whispered to me as he pointed to her phone.

"You should be in the hospital with your husband," the guy replied. "Why aren't you?"

"The guy's using a voice modulator," I whispered back.

"My husband is fine," Izzy stated. She looked at Tan and Tan nodded. "You better hop and pray that I don't find you."

"Sweetheart, the only way you could possibly catch me is with your looks," he chuckled. "Besides, you don't even know who I am. Your husband was just lucky you were there." Izzy nodded. "What would've happened if you weren't?"

"Listen here, you sick son of a bitch," Izzy stated. "If you even dare try this again, it won't just be me coming after you. You have the LAPD, the LAFD, and even the military on your ass." The call ended. "Please tell me you have a location."

"It was a burner," Tan stated. "Sorry, Izzy."

"Where did that Izzy come from?" Street asked.

"When someone threatens my family, I can't stand by and not say anything," Izzy replied. "Can we move Annie to a safe house?"

"We got fifty squad on them," Hondo replied. "We will have to switch them out with uniforms soon."