Chapter 16: Zac's POV

Its Sunday night now and Ollie is driving us home. Luke said he would take my stuff home and put it in my room. He went back this morning to meet a shipment he got. I don't know what he got because he had already gotten us dressers and we picked up other necessities Thursday. I feel bad for ditching Luke this weekend, but he needs to think about what he said. I should've given him a chance to explain it, but he already has everything. I don't want him to make a mistake with me.

"Where do you want me to drop you off?" Ollie asks as he crosses the county border. We're close to the bar where we met. There is a store by the hotel if I remember correctly and I want to get groceries to put in the apartment. Luke probably hasn't gone since he just got back this morning.

"Isn't there a store nearby, can you drop me off there?" I question as I pull up my messages and ask Luke what he needs from the store. He replies instantly and asks me to get enough food for the week and anything else I need. Since I am not paying much for rent, I don't mind paying for all the food.

"Yeah, how will you get home?" Ollie replies and turns onto the road by the bar. I can just get an Uber home because my place isn't far, and I don't want to bother Ollie anymore this weekend. He had to go to meetings most of the day Saturday, so I hung out in his room till he got back. When he did, we spent time together and watched movies. Maybe did a little something else too. This morning he had to go to another meeting, so I stayed back and packed up his stuff. When he got back, we had a lunch date.

We stop in front of the store and put all my stuff into a small bag that Ollie let me have. Since all I had Friday night was my phone and wallet, I gave Ollie money and he got me some casual clothes and a small bag. I hate that I had him go out but all I had was a suit that was covered in Precum from when I gave him head that morning. I should've been more careful because I know Luke paid a lot for them.

"Call me when you get the chance. We can go out Wednesday since I don't have work." Ollie says as he leans over the dashboard to kiss my cheek. I push his hair out his face and thank him for taking care of me this weekend. I shouldn't have thrown all the responsibility on him, but he seemed to not mind as much as I did.

"Okay I will, see you then." I agree through the rolled down window. Ollie smiles and drives off. I pull out my phone to check for some recipes so that I know what to buy for this week. I need at least 5 meal because I won't be home on Wednesday. Luke will probably go out to eat or order pizza because he can't cook. I took cooking classes in high school so that I could make food for him, but I never had to then. Now that we live together those skills will come in handy.

I walk into the store and clean off a cart. I don't want to get any germs on the food, so I make sure to wipe down the inside a little. I never liked going to the store because they are always full of sickness and filth. Growing up my parents went to farmers markets and I got used to it. there aren't any nearby though. I decide on making cheesy ranch chicken pasta, taco bake, avocado salad with grilled steak, Hotdogs and sweet potato fries, and southern breakfast. I also decide to get easy stuff to eat during the day like deli meats, oatmeal, cereal, bread, veggies, and fruit. I walk around and get the food 1 meal at time. After that I pick up snacks and lunches. Last, I go and get all the seasonings I'll need and different things like flour, baking powder, sugar, baking sheets, foil, Tupperware, cooking utensils, various pots and pans, and other stuff.

When I get to check out it comes up to over $300 almost $400. I knew it would be pricy because I bought stuff other than food but next time it should only be about $150 max. Once I start working on tutoring, I won't have to worry about cost as much. After this run to the store I have it save the rest of my money for bills and other monthly payments. Luke and I switched to one phone plan so that it would be cheaper a while back. Probably as soon as I got the job tutoring junior year. I get everything and walk out to call the uber. When it gets there, I have them drive to the building I live in because this too much for me to carry in.

I text Luke as soon as I pull up and he comes out to help bring everything in. I grab the lighter stud and let him get all the pans. I had a hard time getting those into the Ubers car. I will definitely be sore tomorrow. It doesn't matter because I don't have plans other than going out to get lunch with Luke. He didn't say much as me made trips back and forth getting everything out of the car. As he takes in the last load of stuff, I pay the driver through my phone and thank him for his time. I always feel bad when they have to wait for me to do my shit.

"How much did you spend?" Luke asks as soon as I walk in the apartment. I look at him as I throw my keys to house on my hook that he put up when he moved in. I walk over to the kitchen and go through the bags looking for the receipt to show him. I find it in the bag with the chicken and steak. Kind of unsanitary if you ask me.

"A decent amount. I had to get stuff to make the food." I say and walk to where he is sitting on the sofa. He moves his laptop off his lap and looks at the paper I hand him. His head shoots up then he looks back down like I handed him a winning lottery ticket.

"Why did you spend so much? You don't have much left." He asks and I sit next to him. I have plenty of money to last 3 more weeks. Once school starts, I can start working again. I already have six underclassmen asking for help.

"Its not that big of a deal." I say and go to grab the paper out of his hand. As I reach for it, he pulls my wrist and I fall onto his lap. He quickly reaches his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I am now sitting in his lap unable to move.

"You could've told me, and I would've gotten the other stuff." Luke says and buries his head into the crook of my neck. I want to pull away and yell at him for leading me on but then I remember what he said to me that night. He actually likes me as more than a friend. Could there be a chance for us?