Confessing (SDR2)

Hajime Hinata

A sigh escaped your lips as you sat on the bench Infront of the fountain. Today you and Hajime were supposed to play games with Chiaki, but you asked her to do that another time, as you had something important to tell him. Yep, you were going to ask him out. He is just so oblivious that it hurts! The only way for Hajime to understand your feelings is for you to spell them out for him.

Originally, you were going to confess a week ago, but the accident happened. Two girls, Kuzuryuu and Sato, died and it took a toll on everyone. Which is why revealing your feelings now felt a little wrong, but you still wanted to do it. Maybe it's karma for that? It's already sunset and Hajime is nowhere to be seen.

You texted him, but he left you on seen. Frowning, you didn't notice him approaching you "Hey, (Y/N)" You looked up and saw that he was a little beat up, as his clothes were disheveled and there was a bruise on his cheek (Unrelated, but after watching the scene of Hajime and Juzo I found it a bit funny. I like how proud of himself Juzo looked, like: "I, the Ultimate Boxer, just managed to beat up this inexperienced in fighting child and ruined the rest of his self esteem. Love me Munakata").

"Hajime! Are you okay?" You stood up and tried to check the bruise, but he stopped you "It's fine. Nothing serious" You weren't too convinced, but decided not to pressure him.

"Listen, Hajime, I have something important to tell you..." You muttered. 

"I actually do to, but you should go first"

"Okay. I, uhm, how do I say this?" - Taking a deep breath you continued - "I l-like you. A lot. I really do! As in... I want to date you..." It came out louder than you intended, but at least the cat was finally out of the bag.

Hajime was shocked beyond belief "Really?! You do? That's gre-" he stopped himself and frowned "Actually, I can't accept your confession. Not because I don't like you! That's not it at all! I really like you too, but I just... Don't think I'm worthy... But don't worry! I'll definitely become someone that deserves you. With the Kamukura project, I'll become a better version of myself."

"The Kamu-what project? You mean the thing the school offered you?" Hajime gulped, realising that he made a mistake by telling you "Yes. I'll become a better person and then I'll accept your confession"

"Hajime... There's not a better version of you. You're already perfect the way you are. I could never see why you aren't confident. Of course, its easier to see the good on everyone else besides yourself. You're kind, funny, understanding, determined and so much more!" You exclaimed.

"Perfect? Me? But, I have so many flaws. I'm sometimes rude, stupid and quick to anger. Not to mention how boring and ordinary I am. I have no talent and I'm not special in any way... That's far from perfect" He muttered, sadness lacing his words. You frowned slightly "Of course. People have a different view of what "perfect' is. I believe that, in a way, everyone is perfect and at the same time no one is. Embracing your imperfections is part of becoming perfect. And once you embrace them, you'll become confident as well. That's what you want, right? This is why you wanted a talent so bad, but having a talent or being different does not make you confident. As long as you can't accept who you are, you won't ever be confident"

Hajime started at you speechless. He didn't know what to say, but he felt his eyes become slightly blurry. You neared even closer to him and grabbed his hand "You are amazing, Hajime. Unique in your own way. That's one way we are all similar and yet different - we are all one of a kind. No one is just like someone else. You don't need a weird project to be special. You already are... Especially to me... In my eyes there's nothing that you need to change, but if there is a part of you that you dislike and can't accept no matter how hard you try, a part of that you really want to change, then I'll be more that happy to help you. I always will. Even if you don't accept my feelings, I would still support you, like a friend"