~~

Gillion's eyes shot wide open, sitting up from the bed he was sleeping in quickly, his breathing short and uneven. He stumbled clumsily out of the bed, tears falling from his wide eyes. He was shaking as he looked down at his wrist, hate filling him as he saw the tattoo was in fact there. He looked around after leaving the room, still hyperventilating as he called out hoarsely, "J-Jay?! C-Chip!? Pl-please- I... I didn't mean to... I-I didn't... I couldn't... I-I" Gillion fell to his knees, his emotions getting the better of him as he gripped at his chest. He jumped at the sound of doors slamming open, not getting to look up before he saw both Jay and Chip kneel down in front of the frantic Gillion.

"Gill?! Gillion, woah- it's okay..! It's okay, just breathe. We're both here..!" The first voice was Jay's, her tone soft though laced with concern. She carefully placed a hand on Gillion's shoulder, frowning when he met her eyes. "Hey... G-Gillion what happened..?"

"I-I can't... I... I-I'm so sorry... so so sorry I-" He struggled with forming coherent sentences, other than mumbled apologies, shaking his head. Chip was next to speak up, a hand on Gillion's arm as he squeezed it slightly.

"Hey, bud? Gill. You need to breathe, okay? You can tell us what happened in a bit, just try and breathe for a second, buddy." Chip's voice was not as calm as Jay's, but it was clear he was making an effort.

A couple of minutes passed as the two pirates coached the panicking triton into breathing properly, soon enough he had calmed down to the extent that his tears had slowed, not stopping completely, but it was much better than how he was a while ago. "Why don't we head back to your room, Gill? Get you to sit down somewhere more comfortable..." Jay's voice was patient and gentle, offering a soft smile, Gillion hesitating before nodding slowly. He refused to take her or Chip's hands, still scared he would find a way to hurt them, that he was still somehow going to get controlled by Nikolaus.

Jay seemed to respect this, not wanting to worsen his condition, Chip more or less just following Jay's lead. The three headed to the room in which Gillion had fled half an hour ago, an all too familiar weight on his chest being felt again as Gillion sat on the bed, Jay and Chip sitting on barrels opposite him, giving him space. Gillion bit back the anxiety that started to resurface, fiddling with the fabric of the loose shirt he had on. "Okay... So. Do you... wanna tell us what happened back there? I... don't think we've ever seen you that scared since... well I guess that weird laughing island." Chip shrugged, looking to Gill who seemed to recoil slightly at the mention. Chip took notice of this, and also of how Gillion seemed to continuously glance at the tattoo he had on his wrist.

He went to speak again, getting nudged by Jay, whispering to him, "Let Gill tell us. Don't force him to talk..." Jay huffed softly, not angrily but more so empathetically, understanding the hesitance to talk about what was troubling him. Chip only nodded slowly. A silence fell over the three for a couple of minutes before Gillion found the courage to speak up.

"I... It was a nightmare. I-I..."Gillion felt tears threaten to fall again, taking a shaky but deep breath, clearing his throat as he forced himself to continue, "I... was under some kind of spell... I-I suppose it was Nikolaus... t-the tattoo was burning..? It... I couldn't stop or control anything... it was as if it wasn't even my body anymore- I-"

Gillion started to get overwhelmed again, struggling to control his emotions, getting interrupted by Chip, "Hey... it's okay. Just take a breath, bud. Take your time. You only just had the nightmare a little bit ago... s'okay." Chip nodded slowly, his words seeming to help Gillion somewhat regain his composure.

"R-right... I... I was under this control or spell... I hurt you both... badly... I-I killed you. I-I couldn't stop myself, I k-killed you, Jay. I-I didn't want to... I just- he said that y-you were both going to leave me s-so he made me... I -" Gillion shook his head, not being able to continue, his eyes looking back at the tattoo, trying to cover it with his other hand, making it that much more obvious of how shaky he still was. Jay and Chip both exchanged looks of worry, then got up and sat on either side of Gillion. Chip sat down and wrapped an arm around him. Jay sat on the other side of Gillion, leaning her head against Gillion, rubbing his arm softly. Gillion seemed to freeze, going to try and move away from them both, but the sudden relief of comfort and the warm touches from the two seemed to set something off from within the triton, tears falling again, leaning into Chip's hold, allowing Jay to lean against Gillion even more.

Chip rubbed circles into Gillion's back, speaking up quietly. "It's okay, Gill. It was just a nightmare. Nothing like that is gonna happen. We won't let that creep get any kind of control of you, okay? Like I said back on that stupid island, I'll figure out some kind of loophole in this stupid deal, okay? It'll be okay..."

Gillion only nodded, not having enough energy to answer. Jay then followed up on Chip's reassuring words "Chip's right... And we're not going anywhere without you, Gill. We'd never leave you. You're important to us..! Who would tell us those fish jokes? Or teach us about different animals in the sea, huh? Chip's useless on that end, we both know that..." She giggled softly, seeing Chip mouth 'fuck you' over Gillion's head, smirking and pulling a face in retaliation. Gillion chuckled weakly, his voice weak from everything that had happened. Chip looked down and saw that Gillion's eyes had started to get heavier, a small smile showing on his features as he got more comfortable, Jay doing the same.

The three slept like that peacefully. It had been the best sleep that Jay had gotten in a while. Gillion slept soundly without any more night terrors, feeling safe and secure in between Jay and Chip.