𝟑. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

Start from the beginning

Washington.

Why in the absolute fuck would she wanted to live in Washington, Seattle no less, is beyond me. She's more of a California girl, maybe even a Vegas girl. Don't let yourself go there.

I rub my hands hard against my face thinking about how quickly I can try and get her back to New York. I'm probably going to have to throw her over my shoulder and carry her on the plane, caveman style, something she will absolutely loathe. Well, if it's not in the bedroom.

Don't think about that. I do anyway.

I picture that beautiful smile with her lying beneath me, her hands threaded in my hair as our bodies work together. I had taken her into my room and thrown her on my bed when she'd shown up unannounced. It was dangerous to do that. So I'd tossed her over my shoulder and she'd laughed. That laughter had soon turned into moans when I'd descended on her body.

Memories much of the same continue to plague my mind as I pen down all of her possible locations.

I need a plane and I can't use one of the organizations. I also can't fly commercially, nothing that can be tracked. There's a plane that has my name on it if I need it but I genuinely don't want to call in that favor. I don't want any unnecessary links to my family but I need to get to Washington.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial the memorized phone number. After a few rings I get, "this is Denver Riley." I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose, missing the sound of my father's voice. I hadn't seen him, or any of my other family for that matter, for years. The only person I'd risked seeing was my best friend. "Hello?"

I clear my throat. "Hey dad."

There's a moment of silence before, "Torey? Is that really you?"

"Yeah, it's really me. I uh, I hate to call in like this but I have a favor to ask."

"I don't get a 'how are you' or a 'how's the rest of the family'? You just need a favor." He lets out a frustrated noise on the other end of the phone and I don't blame him. He just doesn't know that I haven't reached out because I don't want my family to be dragged into any of this. They would misunderstand and ruin everything I've accomplished. "You going to say something, ask for that favor, or are you just going to be fucking silent?" I hadn't even realized I'd been quiet for a good amount of time.

"Listen, I know I haven't reached out in a while but it's for good reason. Work has been..." I search my mind for the words because I can't offer a proper explanation. "Uh, well, work has kept me tied up."

"For the last six fucking years?" I can see his irritated glare in my head.

"Yeah actually, it has." There's really no other explanation than that and it's the truth. "Listen, about that favor, will you help me out or not?"

"What's the favor?" he quipped.

"I need a jet, something that uhm," something untraceable, something no one else will look into, but I can't say all that. "I just need it in New York."

There's a long silence until I hear a dangerous tone, one that sounds much like my own when I'm angry. "Are you in trouble, Torey? Did you get mixed up in something, with someone?"

You have no fucking idea what I'm mixed up in.

"No, not really. I uhm," I tap my chin looking for the right words, "I'm looking for a friend, one that doesn't necessarily want to be found." That was honest answer enough, one I know he won't look too closely into. "One that needs to be found."

"Alright." More silence between us. "I'll have one sent over for you disposal. And Tor—"

"Yeah?"

"You would let me know if you weren't okay, right? Like if you needed help you know that your mother, Luke, and I, we would get you out of whatever it is." They're the whole reason, plus what happened to my best friend, that I got involved in all of this, anyway. The whole reason I do what I do.

"Yeah dad, I'd let you know but really, I'm okay. I'm doing fine." Albeit with a stab wound and a giant slash on my arm. "I just need you to help me out with this."

"Alright." A few beats pass. "You know I love you, kid." My heart clenches, missing my family. It really has been years since I've seen them, six whole years.

"I know, dad, I love you too." I tried to keep the pained emotion out of my voice.

"When do you need the jet?"

"As soon as possible."

"I'll have one out by the end of the day." He clears his throat and asks, "is there anything you want me to tell your mother and father?"

"Tell dad and mom that I love them very much and that I miss them too, that I hope to see them soon." It was false hope that I'd be giving them in that statement but I didn't care. "And tell Adri the same."

"Will do, son. Talk to you soon?" It was a question that I knew the answer to but I wasn't going to give it.

"Bye dad." I hang up the phone and toss it on the desk in front of me.

It's for their safety. I have to remind myself of this every time I begin to feel sentimental— which is how I'm feeling now. I can't see them for their safety.  And I can't let them see the man I've become, they can't know that, at least not yet.

One day though, one day.

A/N:
Happy Friyay!