Chapter 21

"Are you okay? Can you get up?”

Calix approached Erin and reached out a tender hand. It was an incredibly polite and gentleman attitude that came from someone who had just murder a man.

Erin ignored his hand and tried to stand up.

"It's okay. I can get up by myself.”

But it wasn't as easy as it sounds.

I ran for a long time. I was shocked by a sudden event, and my legs wouldn't cooperate.

The moment Erin was trying to get up with her staggering legs, Calix who looked still, stepped forward and reached out again.

"Hold my hand."

“......”

Erin was forced to take Calix's hand. Calix held Erin's hand and supported her.

'Ah    !’

As soon as I got up, my knees were weak. My body leaned without notice.

Erin was taken forcelessly inside Calix's arms.

The scent of a mature man flashed through her mind as soon as soon as she touched his chest.

Musk scent resembling a cool forest. And the body odor of a strong adult man mixed in it.

It was a mature and seductive scent that went well with the adult Calix. Erin was amazed and stepped back.

"Ah... thank you."

While trying to step back, the man's body touched the heels of her shoes.

I looked around in surprise and found blood on the dirty stone floor.

The man, who fell over creating pool of blood, had become a cold body. His eyes are completely empty.

Looking down at the body. Calix asked.

"Do you know him?"

"No. I was trying to buy something in the store and he suddenly attacked me."

It was similar in size, so Calix thought the man was one of the customer so Calix tends to injured and ignore him, but he wasn't.

Callix replied as it was nothing.

“Then it must have been just a robber."

“......”

Erin didn't answer, but in her heart she denied Calix's words.

'He's not an ordinary robber.' She thought as looking at the man's body.

She was wearing very ordinary clothes. By all means, it doesn't seem like she has a lot of money.

In fact, I spent all of my money to buy chocolate at the store, so I didn't have a lot of money in my wallet right now.

If he was a robber, he wouldn't have followed her back. When she ran away after hitting him with a basket, he should've go and target others.

If that man's purpose was not Erin's money.

'Then, it must be...'

No one could ever try to harm the former duchess who had been accused of having an affair and is divorced.

Except for one person,

“You must have been very shocked. Is there any injuries?” Asked Calix anxiously.

Standing in the dark inside dark alley way, Calix was strangely not match to the place.

It felt like she put a statue  of him a dirty alley.