Chapter 21

"Stay inside, don't come out." Perseus pushed me inside the room, slamming the door shut. I twist and pushed the door open but it wouldn't budge an inch. I was stuck inside my room, the sounds of the siren coming from downstairs.

I felt the rage rising inside me, the feeling of emptiness. I wanted to do something, but I felt like my words were being strangled by his hands. I threw the vase down on the floor, the water seeping through the carpet. I stomped on every flower, the flowers I once adored and loved. It was gone, all of the butterflies in my stomach dropped dead.

This wasn't like my expectations. I thought the outcome of my life would be better but it only became worse. "I hate my life." I mumbled to myself, "You don't say," I heard a feminine voice behind me. I tumbled backwards and took a fragment of the broken vase, it was sharp enough to cause harm.

"Honey, put that down." she sighs, a surprised look appeared in my face to see a familiar person. "Claudia?" I said her name, she was the last person I would have liked to see today. But seeing the impossible become possible, I wouldn't trust her being a normal person either.

"How did you get here?" I asked, nudging the fragment forward as a threat. She walked forward, my hands started to sweat and tremble. Keeping my serenity at ease by breathing in and out gave me the tranquility that I needed. I kept my brows furrowed, hiding the consternation I felt inside.

"Smells nice in here, did Perseus gave those to you?" she pointed at the crushed white lilies and roses that laid on the floor, "Answer my question, Claudia." I pressed further with a more stern tone, I had so many questions running through my mind but it always fall on deaf ears.

With one swift movement, my eyes went wide with aghast. Claudia stepped back, the sharp particle of the vase stuck to her heart. She should be dead, let alone be on the floor pleading for her life but she wasn't.

She took the fragment out, "Cute toy." she groaned and stretched her back. She threw the shard away and caressed my cheek, her black, lace top stained with blood. Her wound healed in an instant, the tissues regenerating back together right in front of my eyes.

"You're...you're a monster!" I gasped, taking a few steps backward. "You're such a brat, talking to your senior like that. I'm centuries older than you, (y/n)." she rolled her eyes, looking at her vivid red, stained nails.

It gave me a reality check at the thought of Perseus being a thousand times more older than me, it made me cringe. "If you're here to take my blood, then do it!" I exposed my neck, shutting my eyes close as I felt my lips quivering. I heard Claudia laugh and I immediately shot my eyes open, "No thanks. I don't like human blood, I prefer animal blood." she twirled a strand of my hair with her fingers.

I fiddled with my fingers, feeling the embarrassment crippling inside of me with a fluster. "Then what do you want from me?" I questioned, "Don't you want Perseus dead?" Claudia asked while sitting down on my bed and crossing her legs.

I nod my head in response, her red stained lips curving to a smirk. "Then I'll help you, (y/n)." she clapped her hands, "How?" I lift a brow, taking an interest in the topic.

"That, I will tell you soon," she put her index finger against her lips and winked at me. "But, do you know what you're getting yourself into, (Y/n)?" she asked with a slight chuckle, "What do you mean?" I asked her. She circled around me, my eyes following her lead with my fists clenched.

"Your engagement, (y/n). You will turn into the likes of us and be reborn. You will no longer be able to see the light of day without pain, your memories as a mortal will vanish into thin air. Oh yes, yes, lady Makaria would be thrilled!" she exclaimed with a followed laughter, but her demeanor changed quickly in a bolt and stepped forward.

"But I don't like Perseus to be happy, and you're his weakness (y/n). That's why I'm going to use you for my advantage," she smiled.

Claudia extended her hand forward and I stared, "What do you say (y/n)? Shall we form an alliance?" she asked. For a moment I stood there, I hesitated to take her hand. Should I really trust the likes of her? I do not know.

But it was an opportunity for me to escape the hands of Perseus. After what felt like forever, I took her hand and looked up at her purple eyes. "I knew you wouldn't disappoint me, (y/n)," she gave me a peck on the cheek and looked at the door then back to me, "He's coming, don't act suspicious." Claudia winked and in just a blink, she vanished.