𝟐| 𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧

CHAPTER TWO:

ULTRON

Y/N HAD NOW joined her mother and her uncle Clint, standing at the archer's bedside, beside her mother

Y/N HAD NOW joined her mother and her uncle Clint, standing at the archer's bedside, beside her mother. Dr. Cho and Bruce also stood in the room, tending to Clint's wound.

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Natasha asks. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

"There's no possibility of deterioration." Dr. Cho replies. "The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra."

"She's creating tissue." Bruce states with a smile.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes." Dr. Cho informs.

"Oh, he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony asks, walking into the room with a tray.

"No, no, no, I'm gonna live forever." Clint laughs. "I'm gonna be made of plastic."

"Here's your beverage." Tony says, handing the archer a cup, green liquid sitting inside.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton." Dr. Cho assures. "Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend." Clint states. He looks up at the two Romanoff's, face scrunching up slightly.

"That I can't fix." Dr. Cho replies. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust."

"That is exactly the plan. And, Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." Tony states.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." Dr. Cho shakes her head in response. "Will Thor be there?"

~

A few days later, on Saturday night, Y/n stood at the bar at the party, not drinking as the Avengers thought she was too young, and also because she didn't like to. Eventually, Maria joined her. The agent and her had a good relationship.

Maria Hill was like Y/n's aunt, as after HYDRA, she grew up basically in S.H.I.E.L.D. As the two talked, Rhodey, Tony, and Thor had soon joined them, butting in their conversation, which then led to Rhodey telling them a story.

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey continues. "So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like, 'Boom. You looking for this'?"

With a smile,  Rhodey glances between them, waiting for their reaction. Instead of getting the reaction he was expecting, they all just stared at him, staying silent.

"'Boom. Are you looking for...' Why do I even talk to you guys?" Rhodey asks. "Everywhere else, that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor questions.