How could someone like Clay like someone like me. I'm all sad and depressed. I never take care of myself. I never stand up for myself. I never had confidence in myself. I can't do anything for myself. I can't... I never...

Clay looked down at his boyfriend. His beautiful, affectionate, considerate, marvelous, and gentle boyfriend. He could only think of good things about George, he loved him with his life. He would protect George with his life.

"I love you, George." When he said this, George blushed and he also became a little flustered, like normal, zoning out for a second in thought. He never broke his gaze, though. Instead, his eyebrows scrunched, and his happy smile weakened.

"Why?"

Clay was startled by the question, not expecting George to question his love. He expected George to become a flustered mess and awkwardly change the topic, as he usually did. But no, he got a question instead when he thought he had made it rather clear in the past. Clay took a few seconds, looking into George's dark brown eyes. He brought his hand up to hold George's chin.

"I love you because you're affectionate. You always care about others, showing them, they matter. I love you because you're considerate. You always think of others before thinking of yourself. I love you because you are marvelous, beautiful, amazingly charming." He paused for a moment, letting George take in the words. Clay knew to continue when George smiled, and a tear ran down his face. He wiped the tear and went on.

"I love you, George. I love you with every cell in my body. I love you so much that I'd risk my life for you." George was now crying silently, tears just running down his face. They weren't sad tears, or tears of retaliation. They were happy, content, needed tears. "I love you, so much, George. So, so, much."

George nodded and Clay brought them both into a hug. George continued his overwhelmed and joyful crying, into Clay's sweater. He didn't mind how many tears George cried into his sweater; he didn't care at all. All he cared about was that George was happy, protected, and content with everything he had just said.

———————————————

They stayed like that for a good ten minutes, soon separating, smiles on both their faces. George was still partially in Clay's arms. They were close, their chests practically touching.

Clay was the first to lean in. The time slowing once again. The wind in the trees settled and the annoying tweeting birds went quiet. It was as if mother nature herself was watching the blissful moment. George leaned in closer, bring his arms around Clay's neck and Clay wrapped his arms around George's waist. They're lips gently collided, both boys happily smiling into the kiss. It was awkward sitting, so Clay rested onto his back, George followed, now on top of him.

As everything went quiet and into slow motion, the boys cheerfully smirked at each other, now separated. As this amazing moment ended, the great weather decided it would also. Clouds now covered the sun, and these clouds were grey, dark, and stormy. The boys didn't see the bad weather coming, so when little droplets fell from the sky and onto Clay's face they giggled and quickly got up. They packed everything back into the backpack and grabbed hands again. Before they walked back to the car, George stepped in front of Clay.

"I love you, Clay."

He leaned in again, and yet another kiss happened. This one was calmer and quicker, but it still had the same impact and love in it. George pushed to deepen the kiss, tilting his head to the side. Sadly, as he did so, a loud thunderous bolt of lightning slammed into the ground near them. The ground shook as seconds later the rolling thunder followed, scaring them both. They hastily separated, the rain now pouring down on them, and ran to the car.

Clay threw the backpack into the backseats and slammed his door closed, George was already buckling, and Clay also began to buckle. Soon enough, the car engine shook awake, and they started driving down the road back home.

———————————————

The rain hit the windshield and splashed onto windows as they drove. George didn't want today to end. Today was amazing! It sucked that he would have to go home, to an empty house, then tomorrow go to school. At least it would be Friday, the last day of the school week. Then, the weekend. Hopefully he wasn't being too clingy, but all he wanted to do was be around Clay during the weekend. He didn't want to be alone at all. How else would he get better, though? He would need to grow up and separate from Clay at some point.

They soon arrived at George's driveway, turning in and splashing into a puddle as they did so. Clay faced George and reached down to his hand to hold it, "Do you want me to stay for a bit, or?..."

George looked up at him longingly, "I would like that." Clay smiled and quickly got out of the car. George soon followed just as quick. The rain was beating down now, the sudden weather changes would be over soon, but late fall where they lived was just very random.

George hastily unlocked the front door, pushing it open they both fell in. They couldn't contain their laughter; playfulness dusted the air. They both walked into the lounge and fell onto the couch. Clay wrapped his arms around George, bringing him close. George laid back onto him, resting his head on his chest and letting his legs lay across the couch.

They decided to watch a movie until the rain slowed, then Clay would leave to go home. George wished he didn't have to leave so soon, but he would survive.

Today had brought him a new type of hope.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
1654 Words

YOOO!!! Fluffy chapter!!! Noo trigger warnings, no content warning, no nothin'. Yayayay!!!

Lol anyway!! Hope you all enjoyed the fluffy chapter. I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, but school has been getting a bit more busy and that is (I'm sorry again) more important than writing a fanfic lmao.

I'm hoping to get a ton of chapters done this weekend, so hopefully I can keep up and everything.

That's all!! Go get some water, stay hydrated! Have a goodnight, good morning, or good afternoon!!

Thanks for reading!! <333