Clarance's Punishment

The white car pulled up to George's driveway and George quickly rushed out, swinging his backpack onto his shoulder and a bright smile on his face. Clay smiled at George, admiring that George looked happy and awake today, he also looked very pretty, wearing a light pastel blue sweater and some lighter jeans. He waved and unlocked his car so that the brunette could hop in and come with him to school.

"Good morning! You look good today." Clay greeted before turning out of George's driveway and driving towards the school.

"Thank you, I figured I would wear something brighter today." George smiled at Clay and rested his arm down on the center console. Clay placed his hand down too and held George's peacefully.

The sun flashed in and out of the car as the bare trees would block the sun every once in a while. The leaves were almost all gone, still some yellow and brown ones stayed laying on the sidewalks. There was a light wind which would push the taller grass in the parks around, but there wasn't a cloud in sight. The temperature outside was brisk but still warm due to the sun's rays.

George rolled down the window just so a light breeze would come into the car. Clay looked over at his boyfriend, watching him pleasantly look out the window and watching as the wind that entered the car would push his brown hair around. He could have stared forever but the fact that he was driving a car stopped him. He simply kept the gentle smile on his face and continued the drive to school.

———————————————

The school day started great; the boys kept together whenever they could. Of course, not sharing any classes bothered them, but sometimes it was good to separate and spend some time alone. Shortly after the bell rang in third period, everyone got out of their seats.
George stayed in his class, like he always did, waiting for students to barge their way through the halls.

Clay poked his head into the classroom and waited for George to grab his things, which took no time at all as George saw Clay and hastily shoved everything away into his backpack. Clay laughed and when George came up to him this earned him a light punch in the shoulder. "Oh come on, you miss me." Clay bantered. George rolled his eyes, but a faint smile was on his face as he reached for Clay's hand.

They entered the busy room, hand in hand, and walked to their table where all their friends waited. Sure enough, when they came and sat down, all their friends started to bicker about their connected hands.

"Wait! Are you guys actually together??"

"NO WAY! I thought you were joking!"

"Look at their hands! They have to be together now!"

George and Clay laughed at their friends but sat down and began to explain. Clay rested his arm along George's shoulder and talked animatedly with his large smile. Everyone listened, still shocked yet happy for the two.

"Wow Clay, about time!" Nick laughed and punched Clay in the shoulder playfully. That earned him an eye roll.

"So, you two are together now? That's awesome!" Karl said pulling Nick, who was acting like Drista at the moment, making comments and trying to make his friend turn red, off Clay. Nick glared at him, but his face softened when Karl wrapped his arm around him.

Clay nodded and squeezed George closer, smiling brightly when he looked down at George who had a faint pink brushed along his cheeks. They were so close, they both wanted to lean in and kiss the other. They were going to. That was if they didn't get interrupted.

"GEORGE DAVIS! PLEASE COME INTO THE OFFICE!" the speakers blared. This brought all the attention onto George as curious eyes sprinkled onto him. Clay and George quickly separated, and George lazily got up from the bench that he was sat at with his friends.