Chapter 1 - Beginnings (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"How about Georgia? She put up a hell of a fight before she got captured. Managed to take out a few before they took her down.” Dum Dum Dugan recalled.

“She's a spitfire, alright.” Steve chucked. “I'll talk to her tomorrow.”

“After what they did to her, do you think she’ll even want to go back?” Morita asked.

“Can't hurt to ask, right?” Steve smirked.

--

(The Next Day)

Steve walked to the medical tent where Georgia was tending to some of the wounded.

“Georgia! How's the most beautiful nurse in the United States Army?” He smiled. Georgia just looked at him knowing a line when she hears it.

“What do you want, Rogers?” She asked with folded arms. “You only turn on the charm when you want something.”

“What?  Can't I give you a compliment without suspicion?” He grinned after that accurate accusation.

“Yeah. Except you have a tell when you want something.”

“What tell?”

“When you flatter someone and have an ulterior motive behind it, your eyes have a mischievous twinkle.” She smirks.  “Now, why are you here?”

He knew he could never fool Georgia. She could read people like a book.

“Okay, I'll level with you. I'm putting together a team; we're planning on raiding Hydra's bases in Europe and we're gonna need some medical support. We immediately thought of you. Dugan told me how you handled yourself against Hydra's men.”

Georgia looked at Steve with a stoic expression etched on her face.  She didn't convey any emotion.

“So you want me to go back into battle with you guys? Are you crazy?!”

“Kinda.” This had Steve worried. But, then…

“That's why we get along so well. When do were start?”

The two friends smirk and shake hands and Georgia Brown became history's only female Howling Commando. After the end of the war, Georgia and Malcolm welcomed their baby girl, Deborah Banks, into the world. Throughout her life, Deborah exhibited traces of telekinetic powers which frightened her parents. She was urged to keep her powers a secret for fear of being discovered by Hydra.

--

(1968 - Camp Lehigh; New Jersey)

Former military base turned S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, Camp Lehigh housed one of the most powerful sources of energy in the universe… the Tesseract; the very object that powered Hydra's weapons during WWII. Howard Stark and a crack team of scientists including, Arnim Zola and newcomer, Dr. Gerald Turner were conducting research looking to tap into the full power of the glowing cube. On this day, Gerald Turner had a piece of the Tesseract no bigger than a marble grasped in the clutches of a metal claw. The experiment was being conducted in another room separated by a pane of glass with Gerald on the other side.

“Recording energy output of Tesseract fragment.” He spoke into the tape recorder. “Initiating contact with catalyst in 3… 2… 1…”

BOOM!

A wave of blue energy exploded through the glass engulfing Dr. Turner. Alarms blared throughout the compound and Howard ran to the fallen scientist who was covered in shards of broken glass.

“Gerald! Gerald, say something! Come on, man!”

After a few minutes, Gerald woke up disoriented, but conscious.