She felt her jaw dropping, anger filling her thoughts as she glared at him. She was not stupid. When she had gotten the survey in the mail, she thought nothing of it. She had gotten in the argument with Seth and jokingly put single as her relationship status.

Never in her twenty-two years of living, did it occur to her that a simple survey would ruin her life.

"I am not incompetent, you piece of shit!" She hissed, "It was a mistake." Alexa turned to the General, "Sir, with all due respect, I swear it was a mistake. My fiancé and I had gotten in an argument the day I was filling out the survey. I must've checked the 'single' box in anger."

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair and shook his head. "I do not understand why you filled out the survey; you had to be willing to come. Nonetheless," he turned to Xander, "she cannot go back to her home."

"Why?" Alexa whispered.

The General turned to Xander, hoping to calm him down, but knowing that his next words wouldn't change his mood. "When Trent went around taking the women the database had chosen, he brought them here. As soon as they were in our land, we conducted tests to make sure they were healthy and fertile. Once they passed those tests, we injected them with our blood."

"YOU WHAT?!" She screamed, feeling faint and looked down at her hands in horror.

He narrowed his eyes, "Were you not paying attention during the presentation?" She bit her bottom lip, lowering her eyes and he sighed again. "We fused your blood with our own to make sure that you would be able to carry our children. Our doctors had to make sure that you would not be infected with the epidemic that took our women. Ms. Dominick, if you go back to your home, they will conduct experiments on you. If your people come into contact with our blood without the right equipment, we do not know what could be the result."

"What's so damn good about your blood?!" She snapped, fear making her feel like she was suffocating. Her chest was constricting, making it harder to breathe and she settled on releasing her emotions through anger.

He ignored her disrespectful tone and calmly stated. "Ms. Dominick, if you had only paid attention during the presentation, you would not be questioning this. Our genes are interlaced with different particles; our central nervous system is more complex than yours. We have abilities that your civilisation hasn't been able to evolve into."

Alexa raised her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Xander rolled his eyes, grabbing the knife in his boot and stabbed his arm. She gasped, almost passing out from the sound of the knife digging into his skin, but it didn't seem to affect him. His eyes never wavered or blink. He simply stared at her with the angry black irises.

He pulled it out, extending his arm out so that she could see his skin healing. A strange noise came from the back of her throat; a mixture of disgust and fascination. His skin seemed to be sticking to itself, closing the wound quickly and he wiped the red blood on his jeans.

"Oh," she whispered to the General, who seemed amused at her reaction.

"That is only a miniscule thing compared to the other things we are capable of doing, but I believe that this conversation should be for another day. It is late and I have a meeting with the President tomorrow morning."

"General," Xander gritted his teeth, "she broke the only picture I had of Corah. I want her nowhere near my house; if she wants to go, then I am more than glad to take her back."

His eyes widened for a millisecond, anger flashing through them and as soon as she saw it, it was gone. His voice softened, but there was still a strange edge to it. "Son, our people look up to you. If you give up on this, so will they. No matter how difficult it is now, you must persevere. Our lineage depends on these women."