Chapter 8

The judge went on to explain that the court clerk found 2 marriage certificates, one of him married to Miss Kalpana Jadhav and the other to Miss Pakhi Kapoor. The reason why these were not picked up is because they were filed within 24 hours of each other. Due to the diligence of the people in his office, they found this. His marriage to Miss Jadhav was registered before his marriage to Miss Kapoor. Raghav couldn't believe what he was hearing, that he was actually not married to Pakhi, and was never married to her. That he had always been married to his Kalpi. Therefore, the judge declared his marriage to Pakhi null and void as it was illegal.

Raghav and his lawyer remembered the day before he was supposed to marry Kalpi, he had asked the lawyer to come to the office with some papers for him and Kalpi to sign. These were marriage and property papers, which they did sign. But, things had turned around so quickly, he didn't even know that they were filed. The lawyer had sent a junior clerk to file the papers legally. The following day they found out that Raghav was married to Pakhi in court and no one followed up on the papers. Raghav couldn't believe this, he was overjoyed. He called Sammy and Vithal and told them to continue with the decorations as he was coming to marry his Kalpi in the evening. On the other side, Pakhi couldn't believe what had happened that she was actually never married to Raghav all along, with all she did to get him but it was in vain. She slowly started losing her mind, she had lost her mind a while back but now it was beginning to show..

Raghav went home, hugged his Kalpi and explained what happened in court. Kalpi was shocked and overjoyed that they were married all along. Kamla was feeling guilty for all she had done to Raghav and Kalpi, and for things to turn out that they were actually married. He offered to drive Kalpi and Kamla to the chawl, but they still didn't tell Kalpi what was going on. She saw the chawl decorated, so she went to her house. When she was there Vithal asked her to get dressed. Kamla, Vithal & Pakya had smiles, she looked at them and her baba told her that she was getting married to Raghav baba. She was surprised, she cried. Pakya asked if she didn't want to get married, she pouted and said dada. They all laughed. Kamla helped her to get ready. Everything was organized, all that was needed was the bride and the groom. Kalpi received a message from Raghav, asking her how she liked his surprise. He told her how happy he was that as from that day onwards they were going to be one and spend the rest of their lives together. Kalpi had tears in her eyes, she was beyond happy that Raghav gave her such a wonderful surprise. When Kalpi was done with getting ready she looked ethereal in her bridal lehenga and jewellery all chosen by Raghav.

The evening arrived, the most awaited time by the two love birds. Raghav arrived and so did Gauri, Vithal had called her and informed her of the wedding. She was happy for the couple. Raghav went to the mandap and the pandit started the wedding rituals. It was time to call Kalpi. When she walked down the stairs with Kamla, Raghav couldn't take his eyes off her, she was beautiful. She came to the mandap, Raghav stood up and gave her his hand, leading her to sit down. The rituals started, Raghav put sindoor on his Kalpi's maang, then put the mangalsutra. Then panditji signalled it was time for the pheras, they did theirs and they were declared as husband and wife in front of all. They had always been husband and wife, to each other long back, when Kalpi told Raghav she loved him, when the marriage papers were filed by the junior clerk, when Raghav put sindoor in the temple, they had always been husband and wife. But, this time it was in front of the society.

Time for bidaai came and Kalpi bid a tearful farewell to her family and her chawl family. She left with Raghav heading for his house. They were holding hands all the while. When they arrived, Gauri was there to welcome them, she performed their grah pravesh and welcomed them in. Kalpi was asked to freshen up before they proceed with the rest of the rituals. There were other people in the house, not a lot but it was some ladies who knew Gauri. The rituals were done and Kalpi was sent to her and Raghav's room. The bed was decorated, she blushed. They had been intimate before but this was going to be different as they were now officially married and they had crossed all the hurdles they had faced. Raghav yawned, indicating he was tired as he wanted to leave and be with his wife. He walked in, saw her standing next to the window. He locked the door behind him, and walked over to her. He hugged her, kissed her head, sighed and said 'Mrs Singhania, finally you're Mrs Singhania, my wife and the world knows'. She had already turned to hug him, her head was on his chest. She said she's very happy as they can finally begin their life, fulfilling their dreams. They stayed in a hug for a while. Raghav moved, looked at her and reached for her lips. They shared a passionate kiss. He started to remove her jewellery then her clothes whilst she was doing the same. He picked her and moved to the bed and they made love.

Mr and Mrs Raghav Singhania finally began their adventure as one.

Pakhi slowly lost her mind and was admitted to a mental institute by dadi. Neetu was kicked out of the chawl by Vithal, she went to Sahil.

Gauri's relationship with Raghav was strained, he never put her words over Kalpi's again. Kalpi always tried to mend their relationship. She asked Raghav to let Gauri move in with them, he agreed because of Kalpi. Gauri had always known that Kalpi was a hard worker and had her own ambitions. She asked her what she would do if she had unlimited funds. Kalpi told her she would help underprivileged girls get a good education so they can have the kind of opportunities she had. Gauri signed over her husband's property to Kalpi and told her to do something, to fulfill those dreams. Raghav saw that his mother was repenting and started to be more open towards her but Kalpi always came first. Kalpi was so overwhelmed by this gesture, she started on her humanitarian work whilst working along with her husband to grow their business.