Amazon prime video / PANIC × Wattpad / Bonus Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Heather Nill?"

Immediately, she stopped and turned to me. I gasped, covering my mouth with both my hands, and my eyes widened in surprise.

NO... WAY.

"Do I know you?" She asked, squinting her eyes as if that would get her to get the answer out of me. Gradually, I shook my head, unable to speak right away. This was way too crazy, even for me. Am I in some sort of dimension where I'm within a television series? Or, it's simply just a dream like I'd earlier suspected. Either way, this was terribly strange.

"No but—but I know you. I watched you, I mean... I'm rooting for you." I blurted out at once, which by the look on her face, was a terrible idea on my part.

"Um, the fireworks. I know it's for the challenge. Could you please point me in which direction the entry challenge is taking place?"

Heather gave me a momentarily suspicious look, hesitating for about a minute before she spoke up, telling me all I need to know.

"You're a new face... I don't think I've seen you before." She added in the end and I simply flashed a simple smile.

"No, you haven't, but I'll still be rooting for you. Thank you for the directions." I stated, before turning away and hurrying on my heels.

Somehow, going down the path she directed wasn't as difficult as I'd expected and it wasn't long that I met kids my age heading down a specific path so I followed. No one asked me a question, and I believed I'd blended in perfectly with them.

We came out in front of a tall cliff and below it was a body of water. There were teenage kids everywhere, almost like a pool party. It was just like I'd watched it in the series. A rush of excitement, fear, nervousness ran through me in a sparse of a few seconds. This is really happening. How did this happen? If I'm dreaming, I believe I'm not supposed to be aware of that. Okay... how do I wake up?

A boy up front faced the rest with a speaker in his hand. "Alright, listen guys! Here are the rules for this challenge. Leap from the cliff from terrifying heights into the water and you announce your entry into the game, hundred points for that. Leap from high jump, you get an extra twenty-five points and leap from suicide leap, you get extra hundred points or immunity in any challenge of your choice. Those that are participating should step forward."

I lowered my eyes to the ground as I realized this was feeling pretty real.

"Okay Joanna, it's enough with the dreaming, time to wake up back to reality, to your parents, your sister, Caden and her family, to your friends." I pep talked myself before shutting my eyes. For what felt like a minute, I stayed that way, but nothing was changing. I could still hear the surrounding noise. Finally, I opened my eyes. This isn't working. How long am I supposed to be here? Do I need to take part before I wake up?

There, my eyes lit up in realisation. Maybe that's exactly what I need to do. If it doesn't work after that, I might think of something else next.

Quick, I went to register and for a while, I watched others before me go. When it got to my turn, as I took the steps up the cliff, my heart raced within my chest, my breathing becoming heavier by the second. I've never done something as wild as this in my entire life. My older sister, Caden, was the wild and adventurous type. She would jump into the water without thinking twice. Oh, how I wish she was here with me.

Finally, I came to a stand in front of the body of water below. I didn't want to look down. I couldn't.

"State your name!" The boy with the speaker said, and I looked in his direction, my heart palpitating within my chest. This is silly and dangerous. Thrilling when I'm the viewer but terribly fearful when I'm amongst the players. What on earth made me believe I could do this? I must be out of my mind. My head screamed at me to go back. After all, it's not too late to change my mind but also, this might be my only way out of this nightmare. I have to participate.

"Joanna Carter!" I shout back. A part of me felt amused. They're probably wondering who I was.

"Okay, I've got this, I know this... all... all I have to do is not panic."

A brief scoff left my lips. Now that I hear the word from my own lips, that title sounds less exciting. Alright... enough with the thinking. Just Jump!

Carefully, I took a few steps back. After all, this is just a dream. I jump and I'm back to reality... yes, reality.

What if you get hurt? A voice in my head brought up. Lightly I shook my head. This isn't real... I have to believe I'm going to be fine. I just have to.

Steadily, I drew in enough air and without thinking anymore, I took to my heels and didn't stop till I was in the air, heading down into the water. Splash! It all went blurry from there.

My eyes flipped open, and I sat up instantly in a scare, my heart still palpitating in my chest and my breathing heavy and fast. I looked around. I was back in my room and home.

"Oh, thank God! Thank God." I appreciated before throwing myself back down on the bed.

Soon, I made my way out of the room and down the stairs. The bell rang, and I was the closest to the door than any other person in the house, so I saw fit to reach out and open it. My eyes lit up in excitement upon seeing who was in front of me.

"Caden." I called and flung my arms around her for an embrace.

"O-k-a-y." She picked her word, a bit surprised at my display of affection. If only she had an idea of what I'd been through.

I released her from the embrace and she looked at me funny. "Are you alright? We just spoke the other day and we live in the same city."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I know... where's my niece? You promised to bring her when next you visit."

"Yes, I did, and she's with Blayze..." Her words trail away as she turns. "... oh, there they are."

We watched Blayze walk up to us and in his arms was the new bundle of joy and recent addition to the family.

"Let me carry her."

"Okay but she's sleeping so be careful." Blayze mentioned, and I nodded right away before he gently left her in my arms. I turned away from them, taking the path first towards the living room. Next, I heard mum's voice as they exchanged greetings.

As I watched the adorable young one sleep, I felt a sense of peace and joy.

I wore a wide smile on my face. "Oh, you're so cute, Lily."

Suddenly, I remembered the dream I had. To be honest, I still believe it's weird I found myself there of all places but it was also something entirely thrilling in a way.

Staring at the young one in my arms, I lightly stroked her cheek. "You know what, Lily? I'm going to finish the series. I need to know how far they all can go."

A light chuckle left my lips. "I'm something else, right?"

**

Thank you for reading this chapter! This is my first collaboration with a big group such as Amazon since becoming a Wattpad star. I hope I did good. I'd also been privileged to watch the first three episodes and I was instantly hooked. Fans of thrilling shows will surely love this so be sure to check it out. Love you guys!