~ bad blood ~

{sexual content warning}

~

I awaken at the crack of dawn with the bright morning sunlight beaming through the beige curtain. Rolling over to my left side, I notice the other half of my bed is deserted. Panic courses through my body as I jolt out of my half-asleep state. Where the fuck is Draco?

After throwing on one of my brother's old Quidditch crewnecks, I gather up my clothing that was thrown onto the floor the night before as quickly as possible and scurry out my bedroom door. The hallway is completely empty. I find myself bolting up the next flight of stairs, proceeding to Harry's room.

"Harry!" I squeal loudly from the hallway. I approach his room quickly, determined to deduce where Draco went. "Harry! Have you seen—"

I find my footing, standing in the doorway of Harry and Ron's room. "Oy! Take it easy, you bloody lunatic," Ron whines.

"Draco?" I ponder, widening my eyes in disbelief. His eyes meet with mine with a blank expression as he sits on the edge of Harry's bed. Shutting the door behind me, my hand smacks over my mouth when I notice a fresh cut on Draco's lip and a bruise on the side of Harry's left eye.

"Came someone explain to me what the fuck happened to you two," I question, folding my arms across my chest.

Harry and Draco glance at each other, not uttering a word. "Those two got into a scuffle in the middle of the night," Ron replies, making room on his bed for me to sit down. "Over you."

"It's Potter who threw the first punch," Draco defends, staring down at the floor while fiddling with the rings on his fingers.

"Only because you said you were using my bloody sister at first," Harry snaps, grazing his fingertips over the welt near his eye.

"You asked me to tell you everything that happened between me and Sage. I was being honest—"

"What— How did you two even run into each other in the middle of the night anyway," I ask.

"No reason," Harry stammers, avoiding eye contact with me.

I rise from Ron's bed, striding towards Harry. Invading his personal space, I lift his chin up with my hands. "We're twins, you fucktard, I know who you're lying—"

"Alright! Alright! I was— I was— Ginny and I had a plan to erm—" he trails off, avoiding eyes with Ron "— you know what, never mind. Point is, Malfoy was downstairs when I got there."

"Blood hell," Ron mumbles, springing up from his bed. "Y'know, this sounds like a problem between the three of you. So, I'll just clear off."

Draco doesn't remove his eyes from me. He watches my frustration grow as I pace back and forth, running my hands through my hair. "Fuck's sake, you two are 18 years old. And you couldn't put your little rivalry aside?"

"Why do you think I tried being fucking honest with him, Sage," Draco snaps. "I— I tried and he threw a bloody punch at me—"

"You threw one back, Malfoy," Harry retorts, pointing to his eye.

I let out an exhale out of irritation, pressing the palm of my hand to my forehead. "Did you two at least somewhat sort out your shit?"

The two nod their heads reluctantly. "Good," I grin, radiating motherly behavior. "So, now you two can do it in front of me."

"Seriously, Sage—"

"Fuck no—"

"Quit acting like a bunch of fucking pussies. Get off your high horses and apologize like the adults you say you are," I scoff, taking a seat in between them.