~ arrivals ~

This rewriting process is going to be long and painful I can already feel it. But, I'm determined to get this fic back on the app. Much love <3.

~

[year one]

S A G E P O T T E R

Being a Potter in the Wizarding World truly has its benefits and its losses. People hate you. People love you. People want to be you. People would rather take a curse than be you. People are in awe when you pass by. But above all, people know your name before you can even introduce yourself.

Boy, did that striking name turn my life into a complete tailspin. I guess I will start with the night of my twelfth birthday. The night my legacy came into existence.

My brother, Harry, and I commemorated our twelfth birthday yesterday; though, it was not celebrated. Or hardly acknowledged. The Dursley's never acknowledge our birthdays. Cruel. They are the worst type of people, but we have no other family left since our parents died when we were merely babies. Our supremely irritating cousin, Dudley has always made fun of the scar atop our foreheads, but he is just a pig if you ask me. Our Aunt and Uncle haven't told us much about our parents, only that they died in a car crash. But, that was recently revealed to be a complete sham.

Last night was quite eventful. A man— or I am not exactly sure what you should call him. Giant. Man. Half-giant. Point is, his name is Rubeus Hagrid, and he revealed to Harry and I that we will be attending Hogwarts School to practice witchcraft and wizardry. We utilized the galleons given to us from our parents to buy our supplies at Diagon Alley— wands, robes, and all of our books. For our birthday, Hagrid purchased two white owls for Harry and I, Hedwig and Athena.

It would be a lie if I told you that I have no nerves regarding the new school. Harry and I have no knowledge regarding wizards or magic or spells or anything. On top of that, Hagrid just ditched us at King's Cross station, so now we have to figure out where the bloody hell Platform 9 ¾ is. I stand with Harry in between platforms eight and nine with our trolleys, looking around for any sight of Platform 9 ¾ with desperation.

"Let's go ask that man!" Harry shouts, using all of his weight to push his trolley. "Right over there!"

We bolt over to the man yelling "excuse me" through the chatter of the crowds of travelers. No surprise, he thinks we are out of our minds. 9 ¾? Think you're being funny? Irritating little children.

Thankfully, a friendly-looking, amiable family of red-heads mentions the word "muggles," catching the attention of Harry and I. We whip our heads around and push our trolleys to follow that family with the chirps of our owls ringing through our ears. A tall boy with curly red hair begins running toward the stone wall when suddenly, he disappears into it, completely vanished. Harry and I widen our eyes in enthrallment, sending a glance at one another with fear plastered on our young faces. Then, we see two more identical boys with flaming red hair vanish into the large stone wall as well.

"Excuse me," I call out at the middle-aged woman with a young girl in her arms. "Do you think you could tell my brother and I how to erm— how to get through the wall?"

"Oh! You two need to get to the platform!" She gestures over to our right where another boy our age stands. "Not to worry! It's my son, Ron's first year to Hogwarts as well!"