Chapter 38: The Ball Transforms

Start from the beginning

"It will take me some time, but I won't be able to restore the NET of school just yet. So, keep searching!" Chihiro encouraged to us.

They are both right. I turned to Al as I held a determined expression.

"Alright, let's do this!" I shouted with my Chords of Steel in use.

"Very well. Athena Cykes, please step into Alfendi's Cinema of Deductions and Reasonings!" Al said as he took my hand and spun me around the room.

(Alfendi's POV)

"The first thing we all noticed was the state the room was in. A complete mess! Though, it does remind me of my office along with father's and Kat's" I said as held a hand to my chin.

"You're still messy..." Athena said in an unamused expression as she nodded her head, "Well, that is mainly because of today's event. This room should've been kept clean when you have people visiting from outside of the school. So, this room is hiding something under all this messiness"

Finally! She's getting somewhere! I stepped to the recording equipment and noticed that it was still humming.

"Exactly, dear Cykes! Now, what else do you hear with those ears of yours?" I asked with a smirk, "After all, you can hear everything"

Athena was surprised for a moment until she closed her eyes. She listened for a moment before she made her way towards the recording devices. She opened her eyes and then placed a hand on it.

"It is still warm! Chihiro! Can you find the reason why?!" Athena asked seriously.

"On it!" Chihiro shouted as he continued to type away on the computer.

"Ah, but before we examine the crucial footage, we have to examine the room still, Cykes" I said as I walked towards the discard book cases, "After all, this is a locked room, right? Shouldn't that bother you and Chihiro equally?"

Athena stopped as she let my words sink in. Chihiro gasped in realization too.

"This room should only be accessed by faculty! Someone possible waited for a faculty member to break in and attack! That must be why this room is completely wrecked!" Athena reasoned in horror.

"Now, the next question is, what did they want?" I asked in a knowing tone.

"Control over this room! This room must have access to every part of the school! Having control of this room would make it possible to lock certain people in different parts of the school!" she shouted in delight as she figured it out.

"Exactly! However, since this person is also trapped here, they were probably under assumption that since they can't enter the room, no one else can" I reasoned.

"And good assumption to make" Chihiro said as he finished up, "This person did get rid of data of breaking into here, but there is one thing they didn't count on. Having the Ultimate Programmer here. I was able to find one video. I'll display it for all of you"

He typed away as the video appeared on the screen before us. the video showed Professor Courte struggling against someone in a pink outfit. The attacker was able to knock out the professor and then take her out of the room. Then, he entered the room and began to type up something. However, this attacker was smart, he never showed his face to the camera.

"Thanks, Chihiro. That was super helpful" Athena said as she hugged him.

"Hold on, there is still something about this room that is not right" I said as I looked around the room and slide away from them to the other end of the room, "One more feature in this room that doesn't belong"