Chapter Nine: Come With Me

Start from the beginning

"She's a friend, Draco," Harry chuckled. "It's not my place to tell her what's going on with you."

Draco was thankful for him and he knew then that he could trust him as a friend. "I really like her and if we're still friends when we're fifteen, I'll make a move on her."

"Do you want me to support you?," Harry asked him. "Why should I, Draco?"

"You care about her and I care for her!"

Harry was astounded. "Anyway, do you want to meet my dad?"

"Wait..." Draco was confused and he was just staring at him in shock since his eyes were shining in excitement. Harry lost his parents and that what everyone in the Wizarding World was told, "Aren't you an orphan?"

Harry gulped when he heard that term again. He had always hated to be called an orphan since he had a guardian who treated him as his own and he considered him as his father. He was about to tear up as he felt hurt by it but luckily, Severus Snape saw them chatting. 

"Why are you still both awake?" Snape asked them with a very icy voice. "Explain yourselves."

"Sorry, Dad," Harry said. "I'll go now."

Draco was shocked when Harry called the Head of House of Slytherin 'Dad'.  "You're talking about Professor Snape?" 

"Yes, Draco," Harry mumbled. "He was taking care of me since I was very little."

Snape folded his arms. "Harry, I won't repeat my order."

Draco watched Harry leave the living room and he was about to follow when he stopped him from following him. It was then he realized that the rumors of his strange closeness to Hermione may have also reached his ears. 

...

Severus Snape sat on the couch facing the fireplace while Draco was just standing at the corner of the room. His presence was pretty much intimidating for him and he was afraid of his dark aura. It totally bewildered Draco why he was the one taking care of 'The Boy Who Lived'

"Why didn't you make me follow Harry to go to our rooms, professor?" Draco stepped closer to him and swallowed his saliva hard. He had just broken the long silence that had wrapped the room after Harry left the living room. 

"If you want to hear, listen well," he replied to him. "Your friendship with Miss Granger was what worried me. I was afraid that if I don't say it to you, I may just see history repeating itself."

Draco became very much interested in what he was about to tell him. He had heard his voice crack when he said those few words and even with the darkness of the room, wet tears cascaded his eyes. "What do you mean about history repeating itself, Professor? Was my relationship with her remind you of something?"

"My words won't change your life if you don't listen to me now," Severus boomed. "If you truly love her, you will respect her choices and you won't choose actions that could lead you astray."

The young boy before Severus stood like a stone before him but he doesn't care about it since he didn't want to see another boy experience the same pain that he had because of his foolishness when he was a child. He was obsessed with power and by being a Slytherin, he had bad friends who turned him away from the woman he had loved and was very special for him. It was the reason which caused her to fall on another man and since then, the friendship broke. It may be too much of a warning for a young boy like Draco who was just eleven years old but he also knew that advising him early would help him choose which is right in the future. 

Draco didn't know how he mustered to ask but to him, it may be just a brooding question he wasn't able to keep in his mouth as he had accidentally opened his question to him. "Did you fall in love with a Gryffindor, too? Professor...?"

Severus Snape rose from the couch and while he walked closer to him, Draco was then drowned by his dark presence. "Be sure of how you feel, Mr. Malfoy. I don't want you to regret any of your choices. Choose your path wisely."

...

Draco couldn't sleep that night while he was in his room as he had kept on thinking what Severus Snape told him. "Was it possible he was talking out of his experience and something bad had occurred with him when he was a student here in Hogwarts?"

It may totally dark and cold in his room but it gave him a lot of space to ponder on everything that his head of house warned him. Hermione was someone precious to him and ever since he met her, she emitted some kind of light and seeing her gave him joy that was lacking in his life. It also made him afraid though that she may consider him a friend since she doesn't know his past as of yet. He has a father who was a Death Eater, and he hated him for choosing the dark side rather than take care of him. 

Narcissa Malfoy, his mother, took him as an infant baby and ran away from home after Voldemort disappeared and ever since then, she was alone, and he never knew how having a father felt like. 

He sat on his bed and at the time his feet hit the cold floor, he winced at the touch. His room was barely empty except for a small table in front of his bed and a chair next to it. "I like Hermione and I know that my feelings for her currently may be small and maybe it was just innocence on my part but I know that I am genuine in my friendship with her!" 

Draco was still very much surprised by what the head of the house informed him but he was thankful for his warning as it gave him a glimpse of what could be if he does choose something that may destroy his friendship with her. He had also contemplated that Professor Snape may be talking truthfully out of his experiences when he was very young. He rose from his bed, walked over to his table, and picked up the small picture frame. He saw his father standing next to his mother. As he had kept staring at it, he saw his father's features better. He had long, white-blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He hated looking very much like his father and he hated him more for being a Death Eater. He removed the picture from the frame, ripped it off, and set his father's picture on fire. 

"It was just my theory and my assumption, father but I believe Professor Snape was like you but he betrayed the Death Eaters for the woman he truly loved! I won't repeat his mistakes and I will never be like you! He was a Death Eater and that caused the woman he loved so much to hate him. I will prove to everyone that not all who's from Slytherin are evil."

A/n: Thank you for reading this chapter! It took a long time for me to update since a lot had happened! :)