◌༉‧ ┊ 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊 → "𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐮𝐧" ♡︎

Start from the beginning

You all continued to hunt down the salmonids and get the golden eggs and eventually, you met the quota, resulting in a successful round. You and your other teammates celebrated, while Mr. Mask just stood there and scoffed.

The next round started and this time, the weapon you got supplied with was Dapple Dualies. You sweatdropped. You weren't very good at using dualies, you always dodge rolled the wrong way, or dropped one of them on accident. (If you main dualies then change it ig)

"Ok- I can do this!" You reassured yourself. "Just think of this as some extra practice!"

The wave began and a Steel eel drove out of the ocean and started to make its way up. You and your teammates all descended down, meeting it on one of the narrow ramps leading down. You tried to dodge roll across the ramp but to nobodies surprise, you rammed straight into someone. Guess who it was?

"Ow- watchhhh whereeee you'reeee goinggg, wouldd youuu?" Mr. Mask sneered. You just sighed, frustrated.

"Chill dude- I'm still trying to get used to these things!"

"Wellll gett useddd tooo themmm fasterrrr, or we'll loseeee this waveee." Was all he said before running off to another boss. You just rolled your eyes. So annoying.

You all continued to grab and collect the golden eggs, with another successful round. It seemed like you were all gonna make it.

The third wave started, with you getting the Splatterscope. Now all you had to do was meet the quota and live.

————— TIMESKIP —————

The third wave ended, and you all cheered. You had met the quota and didn't all die in the process, so it was a successful shift. You all superjumped back to the ship to look at your stats. You had collected the most Golden eggs- nice!

The boat started to set off back towards Inkopolis, and you all just relaxed. You sat down on a bench and stretched your arms off. You were about to start dozing off when you got a tap on your shoulder. You turned around and was met with Mr. Mask.

"Heyyy... youuu didd prettyyy good out thereee..." He admitted, running the back of his head.

"Oh, thanks..."

"Sorryyy for yellinggg attt you earlierrr, I wasn't treally thinkingggg straighttt..." He murmured, looking away.

"Oh, it's fine." You slightly smiled.

"I'mmm Maskkk byyy the wayyy. Youu are?" He questioned.

"Oh- It's (Y/N)."

"Coolll." Was all he said.

You both continued to talk along the boat ride back to Grizzco Headquarters. When you finally made it back to the dock, (F/N) ran up to you and hugged you tightly.

"(Y/N) YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!" They said in disbelief. You just chuckled.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't die to a couple salmonids." You reassured. She let go of you and smiled, before looking behind you and seeing Mask, who was probably waiting to talk to you.

"Oooo- whos that? Does (Y/N) have a boyyyyfriendd??" They teased. You just rollec your eyes and slightly pushed them away.

"Shut up you'll embarrass me!" You shook your head, with an embarrassed expression. They just giggled. "Well, i'll leave you two be~" They chirped before running off somewhere.

"Whattt wass thattt?" Mask asked, walking next to you and putting a hand on your shoulder.

"Just my friend being weird." You answered. "Ohhh. Wellll weeee shoulddd probablyyy gooo gettt changeddd, huh?"

"Yeah, let's go." You both walked into Grizzco and went and (separately) changed. You both then met up outside of the building.

"Wannaaa dooo moreee shiftsss later?" He asked, putting a hand in one of his pockets.

"Yeah, sure!" You said.

You both continued to talk together, walking off with the sunset behind you two.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙ ·˚

whapow!!!! shablam!!!! kerzap!!!! hiyah!!!!!!

☄︎. *.
·˚ * 🔭