Chapter 1 | best friend

pulling out his phone from his pocket, taehyun dialed his best friend's number while his hands were trembling. he then put the phone on his ear and while it was ringing, he tried to calm himself down and wipe the tears on his cheeks.

he's having a shitty day– no, actually his life is a shit and only beomgyu is the one that he can trust and hope for.

"please answer the phone, gyu." he mumbled between his sobs. he doesn't have anyone left except him. he knows beomgyu won't break his promise that he will always be there for him through ups and downs.

beomgyu and taehyun met when they were in fifth grade when people started to judge him just because his father was accused in murder, ran away, and got caught but was proven not guilty in the court as the judge said that there is no enough evidence that his father killed a person.

but then people hardly judge him, mostly the kids in their school that his father is a murderer and they criticize that he is a son of a murderer.

at first taehyun didn't mind about it but his father got accused again when he was in seventh grade and the court had proven that he was guilty. that news quickly spread around where taehyun lives and whenever the boy goes to his school, people's eyes are all on him.

kids started to do dirty jokes on him, judge him, and even made fun of him for calling a son of a murderer.

luckily, taehyun met beomgyu and the boy always defended the younger. he told him that family background does not affect taehyun's personality that is why he put his trust in him. unexpectedly, in the eighth grade, taehyun's mother decided to move back to their hometown with him as she could no longer see her son coming home crying.

beomgyu and taehyun still keep in touch with each other and they never lose trust.

unfortunately, taehyun's mother became a gambler and alcoholic when he went to ninth grade. and because of that, people surrounding them hate them because his mother always cheats in gambling and was almost killed by a man so they decided to move in daegu.

taehyun thought his life in beomgyu's hometown would be at peace. but then when he reached in his second year college, which is his present level, taehyun got into a scandal and it was his fucking boyfriend who spread it. he got actually raped by his boyfriend's friend and he feels so disgusting about it. he got disgusted about his own body.

he thought his boyfriend loved him and accepted him but he just used him to make fun of him and make him dirty.

people in his school actually got disgusted with him when they knew that he is a gay but then his fucking boyfriend, defended him and confessed to everyone that he's a gay too, which at the end he knows that he is not.

taehyun got so blinded by his sweet words and kindness which resulted in falling in love with him. they got together for three months but it was actually just a bet, and he found it out when his boyfriend spread the scandal. his boyfriend never loved him.

everything about him is a whole fucking mess.

when his mother found out about the scandal, she got disgusted and kicked him out of the house and she reasoned out that she didn't want to get her name dirty again and she didn't want to move to another town again.

and now, taehyun is sitting on the bus stop in the middle of the night, with his luggage beside him, crying, and waiting for his best friend to pick up the phone.

"hello, hyun?"

hearing the voice from the other line made taehyun let out a deep breathe. he then uncontrollably sobbed and cried harder making beomgyu on the other line panic. "oh my god hyun! wh-what happened?"