Part 6 - Chad from Econ

Start from the beginning

"Hey nerd," he said, swinging her around in a circle before setting her down. "Did you finish the Econ homework? I was hoping I could take a picture before I leave..."

Y/N drew back to smack him on the shoulder. "You disgust me."

"You abuse me."

"And I'll do it again," said Y/N. She had forgotten how funny he was.

"Oh, you two," Mrs. Y/L/N cut in, stepping between the two and pressing the boutonnière into Y/N's hands. "Always bickering like a married couple."

Lizzy snorted from the top of the stairs where she was struggling to stuff a light jacket into her purse. "Hot take."

"Hold still," commanded Y/N, holding the pin and attempting to attach it to his lapel. "I'm literally going to accidentally stab you. Cut it out."

He made a face down at her. "Do it. You won't."

"Oh? I won't?"

"Y/N," Mrs. Y/L/N's exasperated voice warned.

"I'll refrain, but only because the rug we're standing on was my Grandmother's," Y/N said to him, her voice dripping with sweetness. "Consider yourself lucky that you're not on the tile."

"I've never been more thankful that my late grandmother-in-law had such impeccable taste."

"Suck up."

"Oh, because you're such a rebel."

"It's called motivation!"

"Honey, I want a divor-"

"For Christ's sake, stop flirting or I'm going to puke," a cool voice cut in. The group turned to see Sylvia standing in the doorway, clad in a flowing black dress that just barely ghosted over the top of the floor.

"You look radiant, darling," Mrs. Y/L/N said.

"And we weren't flirting," said Y/N.

Sylvia sent her a little wink before walking to sit down on the couch across from Draco, who was currently perched cross legged and looking profoundly uncomfortable.

Sylvia, Lizzy, and their dates all opted to take Lizzy's car to the city while Chad, Y/N, and Draco took Chad's. The plan was to drop Draco off at the school with ample time to prepare him for the uniquely traumatic experience that was ASB sanctioned after school events, and to the plan they stuck.

"Yeah, go ahead and treat me like your chauffeur, " scoffed Chad as Y/N slid into the backseat next to Draco. The sports car was surprisingly narrow with hardly any space between them. If she wanted to, she could easily rest her thigh against his.

"It's called being polite, dear," said Y/N, flicking the back of his head before turning to face Draco. "You're really gonna commit to this? Major props, but, like...you really don't have to go to this if you don't want to. You can even stay home. I know how to sneak you back in."

Draco rolled his eyes. "I'm here for the American experience, right?"

"Hate to break it to you, but there is no uniform American experience. It's all personalized, and I don't know if you want yours to be seasoned with 14 year olds T-posing in a circle to...I don't even know. Chad, what kind of music do they play at those places?"

"Fuck if I know. I don't go to them either."

"It's fine. I told Heather I'd be there."

"Ooookay, whatever you say," Y/N said.

They rode in silence for a few more beats. The wind outside was uncharacteristically strong for an early October day, and it looked like a storm was brewing. In their rush to get to the dance on time, they had neglected to take precaution against the wind and ran outside to Chad's car without a second thought. Draco's suit, while posh and put together, had clearly bore the brunt of this choice. His tie had become slightly rumpled and his hair mussed, a look that was all types of wrong on him.