Chapter 54 - Jack and Al Miss Race- and so does Weasel?

Race smiles. "I miss him too." His smile falters a bit. "Having a bunk with Specs', except the Brooklyn version, is very different." He tells them.

Cloth rolls his eyes, walking into the Brooklyn Lodge.

Boots, Knobs, and Ike laugh.

"Blink holds it over our heads that he got to see you, but it's only jokingly." Ike tells Race. "And the majority of us are very jealous." He explains with a laugh.

Race laughs.

"And now we have, too!" Knobs hugs Race again.

Race grins.

"Hey, Racer." Sling walks over to the group. "We playing?" He asks him, pulling his pack of cards out of his pocket.

"How am not surprised that Race made a friend from cards?" Ike asks with a laugh.

Laughing, Race shoves him lightly. "Boys, this is Sling. Sling, three of my Manhattan brothers." He introduces.

Sling waves. "I've heard about you through Dice, Shot, and Red." He tells them. "They're whipped."

Ike smirks, shooting an unsuspecting Hotshot, who had just been staring at him, a wink.

Hotshot's cheeks redden as he looks away.

Boots and Knobs share smiles. "We are, too." They respond in unison.

Sling laughs.

"Anyway," Race starts. "Sling doesn't know how to play Poker. We usually just play any other game." He informs them.

Sling nods.

They were all silent for a moment.

"Race and I usually play around this time," Sling starts softly. "Do you guys want to join us?" He asks.

Boots, Knobs, and Ike share looks.

Knobs looks at Sling. "Sure." He grins. "Just be warned, Ike is the only decent player between us." He tells him.

Sling laughs. "I thought I was bad, and then we played Old Queen." He responds. "You just need to find a game you're good at."

A bit into their game

The boys had decided to play BS.

Ike sat on Hotshot's lap, cause Hotshot was feeling clingy.

Race sat on his usual crate, Sling across from him on his usual crate.

Boots and Knobs sat on the same crate, teaming for this round, since Knobs didn't know how to play and when they explained, he refused to say anything other than 'baloney'.

(*coughs dismissively* totally isn't me... *more dismissive coughs*)

Ike pulls three cards out of his deck, going to place them down.

"BS." Boots states, not looking up at Ike and just continuing to stare at his and Knobs' cards.

Ike scowls, putting his cards, that hadn't even touched the crate with the pile, back in his deck.