Chapter 15: 'My heart had no part in this'

Börja om från början

'You had this commissioned specially.' I realised. 'But how did you get it done so quickly?'

I'd expected her typical smug reminder of just how far her reach extended, but her eyes told me there was more to this.

'Leave us!' she commanded the servants, who quickly bowed and left.

'Catherine, when did you get this done?'

'Weeks ago.' She admitted. 'I'd intended to give it to you on a rather different special occasion but...'

Her words caught me as I understood what it cost her heart to give me this now. I wasn't sure how to respond and found myself turning towards my dressing table instead.

'I know this is difficult, but they were helping ready me.'

'We'll send for them shortly.' she replied, joining me on the bench. 'In the meantime, I can help.' She sat facing away from the table and turned towards me, brushing my hair aside so she could unclasp the chain from my neck. Catching it in my hand, I leant forward to replace it on the table, trying to ignore the feel of her fingertips on my skin as they played with my hair.

As I moved back her lips made contact with my neck. She kissed a trail along the skin to an area just below my ear, which she had long since discovered was a sensitive spot. The unexpected touch sent the required shivers through me, making me gasp before I had a chance to think straight. I allowed myself to enjoy the sensation, just for a moment.

'How exactly does this help me get ready?' I asked, licking my lips as I tried desperately to focus and not simply melt into her arms.

'It doesn't.' she whispered between kisses, continuing to tease my neck with her lips and tongue. 'It serves to remind you where your heart's loyalty lies.'

'You don't need to arouse me to remind me of that.' I replied with a quiet laugh, biting my lip. Accepting it was a battle I likely had no chance of winning, I sank into it. I turned to her, my lips eagerly searching hers and our kisses quickly grew hungry, urgent.

She ran her arm down my back and wrapped it around my waist, pulling me firmly to her. I reached down, gripping her hand as our fingers entwined. Her other hand reached down my leg, fussing with my skirt until she was able to slide beneath it. She drifted up my leg, caressing my skin with her fingers until they reached their destination.

'Catherine...' I whispered between kisses. 'Don't.'

The words escaped my lips without conscious thought, along with a feeling of unease that I perhaps shouldn't allow this to happen. But even with this moment of appealing to my better nature, my legs ignored my subconscious and parted, granting Catherine's hand the access it took without hesitation. I moaned into her mouth as her fingers explored my folds, my resolve weakening with each tingle of pleasure, my arousal growing with each caress.

'Do you want me to stop?' she asked. I couldn't speak, I could barely breathe. Of course I didn't want her to stop, I would never want her to stop. I never wanted this moment to end, knowing what was waiting for me shortly after.

'No, don't stop.' I shook my head. 'Please don't ever stop.'

Her fingers hadn't stopped working on me regardless, relentless in their task of pleasuring me to distraction. My body's natural instincts took over at this point, responding by shifting position to allow them to go further with their carnal task. Catherine took this response as intended and slipped her fingers inside me, holding me tight as she worked on building my arousal. I moaned deeply, not thinking or caring about stifling my cries as the sensation built-up inside me.