Chapter Two

Follow love and it will flee , flee love and it will follow

I woke up to birds chirping and the smell of bacon . I sat up rubbing my eyes . The last thing I could remember was walking to my room changing out my clothes before going back to sleep . After washing my face and brushing my teeth , I jogged downstairs to see Mrs and Mr . Parker cooking . Power of Love by Luther Vandross played on the big speaker .

You've got to believe in love

It's a feeling that's next to none

Can't stop until we are one

With the power of love

"Fat face is up ." I heard Avery deep voice from behind me before get shoved a little . The both of them turned their attention toward the two of us with bright smiles on their faces . "Good morning Trinity , I already called Nancy ." I smiled nodding my head before heading over to the kitchen table . Avery sat in front of me with a smirk on his face .

He glanced over at his parents to see if they were looking before lightly smacking my left cheek

He glanced over at his parents to see if they were looking before lightly smacking my left cheek . "Ouch ! Punk ." I wimped mugging him . Being nineteen , only two years older than me I would expect more from this his big ass baby . "My nigga Dee is throwing a kickback tonight ." He said leaning back in his chair staring at me with a now solid face .

"And you're telling me this because ?"

He rolled his eyes before running his hands over his face . "I want you to come with me , I know things been crazy lately and I think you should get out ." Mrs . Parker placed a plate full of pancakes , bacon , sausages , and eggs onto the glass table while Mr . Parker gave us some OJ . Taking a seat , we prayed over the food before eating . I need to make a call to my cousin RJ .

* * *

"And you must be Ms . Trinity , I heard so much about you ." Mrs . Parker's brother Dorian smiled showing his mouth full of braces . He surely can catch this case with ya girl . I turned to Mrs . Parker unsure of how to feel , I was forced to come here . "You'll be fine , Avery coming to pick you up once it's over with ." She whispered handing me fifty dollars before leaving out the building . Following him to a large room that held eight adults and at least forty teens from thirteen to nineteen .

"You can take a seat ." He pointed over to the crowd of kids before walking off to a light skin pregnant woman before wrapping his arms around her . It's always the good looking ones who are taken ; I thought slowly walking over to a seat beside some white girl . "You look like you don't want to be here either ." She said cutting her eyes over at me once I sat down . "You either ?"

She shook her head pulling out her phone . "I'm Akari, but go by Key ."

"Akari ?" I didn't mean to sound rude but , she's white .

"I'm half Japanese and white ." I nodded my head as she gave me a weird look before laughing . "Amber but I go by Trinity ."

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen , today we are going to talk about sex

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen , today we are going to talk about sex . Can someone raise their hand and tell us what are pros and cons of doing it ." A tall slim white lady said walking across the room before picking Key to talk . "You can get pregnant or catch STD ." She smacked on her gum playing with her curls .

"You are right . I know most of ya'll are active and I'm not about to nag you about it ; but always wear protection ."

"But you can't feel nothing when ya in it ." A voice from the right side of the room . Glancing over to who said it , he was a tall brown skin boy with curly hair and brown eyes . Key rolled her eyes standing up from her seat . "So I guess you don't mind burning every time you pee ." The whole room busted into a fit of laughter and ow's . "That's enough Key and Dee ." The lady looked between the two of them . Dee sucked his teeth while Key sat back down .

"Ya'll know each other or sum ?" I questioned talking about the boy I guess is Dee . "Demarcus ? He's my step brother . His father is married to my mom and we have a baby brother named Dejuan who's turning eight next month ." That explains everything .

"Dee and his older brother Demonte throwing this kickback , you should come

"Dee and his older brother Demonte throwing this kickback , you should come ." Remembering Avery telling me about some party and that it might be the same one I decided to go . After exchanging numbers , the program was over and they were having another one next Friday .

"How was it ?" Avery cheesed at me turning the radio down . "Okay , I met a new friend ." He nodded his head before pulling off onto the main road .