2

C h. 2
"Is Rat Filled."

°°°

The nerve.
The absolute fucking nerve.

They'd taken her to see the egg.

They'd taken such an angelic being to see a practical spawn of satan.

His, angelic being to be specific.

Sure she may not- She may not know anything about him. Nothing. Nada. But he knew a lot about her.

And one day, she would know all about him. She'd know him all too well.

"Purpled, can you do it or not?" Bad demanded, moving closer. Though he was seething with anger, he managed to keep his regular 'meh' look present and replied with a simple, "What's in it for me?"

The members of the Eggpire took a second to think. They all glanced at each other, as if asking for answers with their eyes. How illy prepared were they?

Punz finally spoke up for them, "We'll pay you as many diamonds as requested. Or- anything else you want-" He paused, "If reasonable. Can you do it or not, Purpled?" He glared at the younger boy, obviously just wanting to get this over with.

The blondie twirled a sharpened dagger between his index and middle finger. He let out a snort as he looked down at them from the rock he sat on, Ponk by his side.

"Well of course I can, what do you take me for- An amateur?" He sneered, dropping the dagger down his sleeve. He tilted it, but it didn't slip out- as if it wasn't there to begin with.

Bad nodded and turned. The group was about to leave.

But he still had an unfulfilled request of his own. Well, a question, and then a request.

"Hold on."

"What?" Bad asked as he turned, a look of uninterest upon his face.
But he didn't mind. He was used to those looks. He was used to people looking down upon him and what he had to say.

"I've got a question- then a - small, per say- request." He replied. "Oh?" Bad hummed, crossing his arms. "I heard you took Y/N to your- weird- egg cult-." He laughed a little at his mis-wording. What was he supposed to call it? Exactly.

"What about it?" Bad asked, he sounded as if he was ravishing in the pits of annoyance and anger. Maybe Purpled had stepped into deep water, but hey, if anything bad came of it, he was able to protect himself.

"What happened with it?" He narrowed his eyes as he said this. "Why do yo-"
"What happened. With it."

Bad looked at the others. Ant shrugged. He sighed and turned back to Purpled.

"If you really have to know, she escaped our grasps when we were just about to get to the egg. We may try again another time."
Purpled frowned, a part of him was disappointed he'd have to wait longer, but a sense of relief washed over another part of him as well. She was safe from that nasty ass egg.

"Oh, my condolences?" He shrugged, unsure of what to say. "Ponk, please escort them out."  Ponk nodded nervously, stuttering over his words, "Oh-Oh- Of course! Uh- Come this- this way!" He exclaimed, gripping Bad by the shoulder lightly and leading the Eggpire out.

Hey, you could call Purpled an obsessive stalker-ish guy, but at least he could say he wasn't part of a weird ass cult that worshiped eggs.

Ponk slowly made his way back over and sat next to Purpled. The two sat in silence for a bit.

"Hey boss?" Ponk asked with a nervous laugh, completely ruining the calm silence they had going. "Yes Ponk?" He asked, glancing at the man. "I was just uh- well uh- I was wondering if I could take a day or two off to uhm- to go visit Sam?"

Purpled contemplated the request. On one hand, if he let him, the work ethic could go down majorly, and they could possibly run down on any money they could earn with him there. Plus, there was always the weekends. On the other hand, if he was gone- he would have time to plan some- things, out.

He could finally speak with her.
Feel the warmth of her calm smile for himself.
Be acknowledged.

Oh what the hell, he was already rich.

"Fine, but if you slack off when you get back, I wont hesitate to throw you out." He replied, flipping the dagger from before. It plunged into the rock below, barely making any noise. "Thanks- Thank you! I wont- I wont. I promise." He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

It was nice having company. Even if they weren't necessarily friends.
He wondered what he'd feel like with her around.

Well, he'd find out soon enough.