1. My lifeline!

Ashwin was feeling groggy and forced himself to lift his head from the table. He looked at his untouched coffee and tried to process his surroundings. He was feeling confused due to the lack of sleep last night, he heard the phone ringing nonstop and got up from the chair to pick his mobile from the coffee table, he was wondering about who was calling his personal number at the early hours of the day.

Looking at the caller's name brought an instant smile on his tired face. He picked the call with his heart suddenly feeling light and fluttery. His cutie pie still lying in bed gave him one of those smiles which he believed was reserved for just him in the entire universe and his heart swelled with love and happiness, and all of his previous tiredness disappeared into thin air.

Morning rowdy! Up so early?

Morninggg Ashwiney. Inniku super singer shooting. I have to be there at 10. I wish they could start shoots late in the evening. I hate waking up early, I was up until 2 am.

Ashwiney! An endearment that he would have detested had it come from anyone else. She is the only person who could have made that sound cute. Pretty much everyone including his family calls him that these days. At this rate, he wont be surprised if his first movie says introducing Ashwiney in the title card!

Well, Ms Night owl that's how the normal world functions. On a serious note, it's high time, you start changing your routine Sivaangi. This isn't good for you. Start going to bed early and wake on time to take up music lessons with amma. Stop wasting your time on social media. Fan edits paathukite iru! Sivaangi, naan sonnatha...

Aiyoo please kalaila tension paduthateenga! En Ashwin ippadi palaya aala irukeenga!?? she pouted.

Her pout melts him and he sighed at his inability to continue any further to make her focus on her singing capabilities. His mind drifted to his favourite playlist which had secretly recorded songs every time she sang to him on the phone. It has been the voice that has kept him company at times of loneliness and boredom.

Hellooooo!!!! Ashwineeyyyy!!!! Ashwinnnnn! Naan pesarathu kekutha??? Enna yosikareenga?

Sorry ma! Sollu! enna ketta nee?

We have CWC shoot in 3 days. Will you be back by then? I really missed you last week. Please unga movie shoots CWC shoot days appo plan panna vendamnu solunga. Shall I tell Tanu chechi? I havent talked to her in the last few days. I think I will call her on the way to the shoot. Is she staying in the same hotel?

Tanu! How did I forget about last night! How am I going to explain it to Sivaangi? There was a really bad feeling that last night was going to affect our relationship.

I will be back tomorrow evening.

He answered lost in thoughts and walked to the small kitchenette in the hotel suite. He put the phone on the holder there and started making his coffee. Sivaangi was sad that he did not reply to her missed you statement. Right then, she saw the bedroom door behind him open and Tanu walked in still in her night clothes. Tanu walked straight to where Ashwin was. She looked tired and was rubbing her eyes. She did not notice Sivaangi on a video call and Ashwin was engrossed in his thoughts and looked at Tanu with a worried expression.

Morning! Coffee?

Sure thanks! I will get ready and come back.

Ashwin was trying to read her expression while she walked back to the bedroom. She suddenly stopped, turned around and walked back to him. She took his hands in her and looked straight into his eyes.

AK babe, thank you so much for last night. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't here.

She gave him a quick hug and walked back to her room. Ashwin realised that she was crying but wanted to give her space to sort out her emotions. He was very disturbed about last night and that's when he realised that Sivaangi was still on the call!! His head whipped around to see his baby girl's eyes welling up.

Carry on Ashwin. Speak to you later. Bye.

She ended the call so quickly before he could say anything. He called her back but she wasn't picking. He started panicking and he looked up praying for the stars to give him this one last chance in life.

He sat there on the sofa for god knows how long. Luck was on his side, Sivaangi called him back. He picked the call in less than a fraction of a second and could see that she had wiped her tears and was pretending to be strong and she acted liked what she saw did not affect her. It broke his heart to see his lady love in this state. Neither of them spoke a word for a good few minutes. Ashwin sighed and made up his mind to talk.

Kannamma, can you trust me? It's not what it looks like. I wish I can explain it to you right now. I wish I was there next to you to make you understand my situation. Can you please give me the benefit of the doubt this once? I need you more than anything in my life. I feel alive only because of you. Please??

He has never been this scared. He has never begged anyone. The idea of losing Sivaangi made him say all the things that could possibly change her mind.

Sivaangi sat there shocked! She tried to read his miserable expression.

Did he just call me Kannamma? Did he say he needs me? Wait a second! What's that look in his eyes? Ashwin is scared!!! Fear is one emotion she has never seen in him in the last four months she has known him. He is begging you to believe him! You fool! He is holding his breath waiting for your answer. Nothing would have happened between Ashwin and Tanu chechi.

Okay. Nallaiku vandhathuku apparam pesaren. Stay safe. Bye.

Dont go! Please, talk to me for a little longer??

Sivaangi sighed looking at this child in a man's body. She needed to get ready. It was 7.30 already but she did not want to leave him to deal with his emotions when he is this vulnerable. In the last four months that she has known him, she has learnt so much about this beautiful man who is tough on the outside and soft on the inside. Often mistaken to be arrogant and cold, this man can be blunt but the truth is that he is the kindest soul she has ever met. He doesn't display his emotions and has built a wall around himself to protect himself from the cruel world. He hasn't met many good people in the last 7 years of his struggle. He has been cheated, insulted, hurt and mocked to the extent that he has shut himself inside a shell and made himself self sufficient. But he is such a softie inside. She has broken the wall and made him open up to new relationships with people around him. Saying that, she still finds him standing alone, uncertain and unsure about what to do in a crowd. She has been that guiding hand to push him to approach people and be expressive. Until today, he has never mentioned that he needs her or that he wants her to just stay next to him. His eyes speaks louder than his words. She isn't going to give up now over an assumption that something is going on between him and this woman in question who is like a sister to her.

Seri sollunga. Shoot eppadi poguthu?

Nalla poguthu. Almost mudinjuthu. I hope it looks good when its done.

Hmmm. What happened to the other script that you were reading last weekend? Enna decide pannuneenga?

Script nalla iruku but its a web series. I don't want to go back there. First intha movie mudikanum, a good movie has been my dream. But never in my wildest dreams have I imagined that my first movie would be with the great Karan sir and his lucky mascot Tanu. I want to finish this and the decide the next script based on how people like my screen presence.

Ashwineyy, neenga already hero than! Girls are crazy about you! You are a role model for plenty of boys out there. Not just for your looks and character, people have already seen your capability as an actor and performer in your short films and stage appearances. You are a star!

Ashwin smiled. This is why Sivaangi has taken that place in his heart that no one has ever managed to. She knows how to make him feel confident and lift his dampened spirits. A 20 year old girl treats him like a child, pampers him and takes care of him, has an eye on him no matter what she is doing. Even when he ignores her presence or gives curt replies, she has never left his side. She has been his shadow without crowding him. He knows that she has so much in her head right now but all she cares about is for him to feel happy and confident. The truth finally dawned on him. She is my lifeline!