Erwin Smith

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: The Scouts are excited to see the Female Titan captured. But they worry she'll break free using her ability to call Titans.

|~|

The Female Titan gritted her teeth, one visible wild eye taking in the scene, trapped.

"An Abnormal…" Eren watched her. "Or is it like the Colossal Titan?" He looked ahead, muttering to himself. "Wait, did Commander Erwin actually—"

"Hey! Quit spacing out!" Oluo scolded.

"Eren! You can think later! We need to get further ahead!" Petra said.

"Right!"

The five continued to ride on, leaving the rest behind.

Good. Get as far away from her as possible. Erwin thought. If the plan did fail and she managed to escape, their best hope at freedom would be away from the epicenter.

"Well, if the shit does hit the fan, at least you're not in any immediate danger," Connie said.

Levi pulled out another sword. "Wait, Levi," Erwin said. "We need to be cautious. Squads 2 and 3! Fire!" Hooks and wires once again began shooting out and piercing the immobile Titan. "Use the reserves too!"

"Better safe than sorry," Hange nodded. "Even if she does call the Titans to her, she's still trapped."

"What if they cannibalize her?" Petra asked suddenly. "They tried to with Eren, after he killed that Abnormal that ate his friend. Do you think she might try to escape in the chaos?"

"It's possible."

"Hm, I wonder what happens if a Titan eats a Titan-Shifter," Connie thought out loud.

"They transform in the stomach and rip their way out, duh," Jean rolled his eyes. "We've already seen it happen."

"Oh yeah..."

Levi leaned back and glanced at Ymir, eyes narrowed. She was staring at her hand, mind on Marcel.

|~|

On the outer edges of the forest, the recruits waited in the trees. Three Titans crawled on the ground. One Titan grabbed a branch with one hand and gripped the tree with the other, inching its shoulder up, attempting to scale the tree.

"Reminds me of Connie trying to do a pull-up on the first day of training," Jean snickered.

"Ha, ha."

The former 104th class giggled.

Christa glanced down. "Umm, they're starting to climb up."

She's safe. Ymir relaxed. And if the Female Titan did call the Titans, they would ignore all the humans and run toward her instead.

"Indeed," Nanaba replied. "If they make it up this far perhaps I'll step out of the way. Although I suspect we'll soon be given orders to withdraw anyway."