"uh, i didn't listen." he admits as she sits down on the floor.

he sits down with her with a smirk, "everyone's staring at you."

"you mean you. who wouldn't." she scoffs quietly.

"you wouldn't." he points out.

"yeah. no offence but you're nothing special." she says bluntly.

"ouch." he places his hand on his chest, "i didn't mean it like that." she mumbles.

"well you meant something."

she rolls her eyes, standing up, "i'm going to the bathroom. there's nothing to do here anyways."

//

"hi el." someone greets as el turns her attention away from her locker, "hi?"

"i'm bree." she introduces herself.

el nods with a small smile before shutting her locker.

"so uh, i heard you and mike were dating. is that true? i mean you guys hardly ever talk in the halls or ever!" bree follows her as she walks away.

"are you guys faking it?" bree continues.

el wanted to roll her eyes really badly but she just gives her a smile.

"so are you guys dating? how long?" bree parades her with more questions and el knew she was just another fan girl of mike's.

honestly it was embarrassing.

"hey babe." mike cuts her out of her thoughts and grabs her hand.

her eyes widen at him as he leans down to her ear, "play along if you want her to leave you alone."

she nods against him as he places a kiss on her jaw, "we are dating." he says.

bree crosses her arms, "no one has ever seen you guys kiss or even hang out."

"yeah?" he challenges, grabbing el's cheek as looks down at her.

he gives her a quick look as she nods. smiling, he leans down to kiss her on the lips.

everyone in the halls stops to stare at them as their kiss lingers on for a couple of seconds.

finally, they pull apart as mike places a kiss on her forehead, catching her off guard but she still smiles.

"how's that for you?" he looks up at bree as she scoffs, walking away.

"come with me." he whispers to el as she nods whilst he drags her away.

he drags her to a janitors closet as he lets go of her hand.

"thanks for saving me." she says as he nods, "well... i am your fake boyfriend now."

she chuckles, "right."

"so you mad i kissed you again or what?" he asks.

she shakes her head, "i gave you consent, remember?"