Finally Appreciated

Start from the beginning

"Heroin?"

"No."

"Happy pills."

"I take my pills and I'm happy all the time..........no."

"Glue?"

"No silly!!!!!!"

A blunt fell out of his back pocket.

"Knew it.........." I mumbled.

"Don't tell anyone about that..........." He snickered.

"Fine."

"Hey Ruski?"

"What?"

"Wanna ride on my Harley with me?"

"Huh!?!?!?!" That question came out of nowhere.

"Whaddya mean?"

"I've..........never been on a motorcycle before.........."

"Oh come on it's so much fun!!!!! Plus I won't go too fast..........until you're used to it."

"Honestly it does look fun."

"Sick!!!!!!" Ame shouted and got in the front seat. I sat down on the back. "Now hold on to me tight cutie this is gonna be a wild ride!!!!!"

"Dude why did you just call me cute!?!?!?!"

"Just busting your chops!!!!!!" Whew, luckily he's not THAT high. "But seriously dude hold on tight."

I wrapped my arms around his back and I swear I felt him twitch a little. He pushed his foot on the petal and we gained speed. He went faster.......and faster.......and faster.......I felt the rush of the wind against my face. It felt..........amazing..........I caught a massive whif of the oil and okay I'll admit it actually smells pretty good. Eventually we stopped and pulled over to an all too familiar place. It was the abandoned warehouse where I always drank. And where Ame's leg got murdered.

"How.........did you know I wanted to go here?" I asked him.

"Because you were here last time I was here." He answered.

We went deep into the warehouse and into the corner where I heard Ame trip. It was soon after we got into that fight and I was still so hurt by what he said I nearly drank a whole bottle of vodka. I don't know how I wasn't completely wasted.

We sat down on a rock pillar, the calm late spring evening breeze and the chirp of crickets washing over us.

"Hey Russ?" He asked me.

"Yeah?"

"I hope you don't mind me asking.............How did your dad die?"

I got a sinking feeling when he asked that question.

"He was............murdered.................." I quietly mumbled.

"Ugh that's horrible.......................why do other countries have to be so terrible!?!?!?!"

"I've been trying to find that out myself.............."

Me and Ame talked for hours. I told him how this was the place I always drank and the only place that could make me feel better. He told me he loves exploring abandoned places like this and how his goal is to be a Youtuber, so he can go on adventures and not have to have a 9-5 job. Now that I think about it that does sound like a pretty good life. We talked until the sun went down and he took me home before he went back to his house.

"See ya tomorrow!!!!!!" He shouted at me as he left.

*That weekend*

Today I was going to some frozen yogurt place with Ame's family. While I was waiting for him I looked up his Youtube channel, which he gave to me on a slip of paper. AmeStar1776. I clicked on the first video that showed up called "Maple Syrup Prank (Gone Horribly Wrong)." I tapped on the video and it was Ame and Canada pouring cups of maple syrup and trapping Aussie. I watched a few other videos and they were............pretty cringy. But in a way that made you laugh. I guess that's why so many countries like dumb Youtubers. I subscribed to him and some recommended channels came up. AussiePosse, K!wi and MapleLeef.

"I'm here!!!!!!" The text message on my phone said. I looked out my door and saw a large truck. A familiar face stepped out and I went outside.

"Hey Ruski I got ya something!!!!!" Ame shouted and handed me a...............present?

"It's not my birthday!!!!!!" I teased.

"Open it!!!!!!!" Ame shouted. I...........almost never get presents anymore. I aggressively ripped off the wrapping paper and underneath it was a LEGO space set.

"Is........this for me?????"

"Yeah silly!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I-how did you know I wanted this!?!?!?" I asked him.

"You said you like building stuff and space duh..............and it's not unmanly to play with toys dude!"

"Get your boyfriend in the car already!!!!!!!!" Aussie shouted.

"What-uh!?!?!?!?" Ame gasped. "I'm not DATING him!!!!!!!"

We got in the truck which I could barely fit in because of my height.

"Okay Ame since this is your treat you can pick the music." UK announced.

"Yessssssss!!!!!!!" He put on a song called Ohio is for Lovers. The song was pretty upbeat but had some very dark lyrics. Just like Ame's humor.

Just a few minutes later we arrived at the frozen yogurt place. UK told us we could get whatever we wanted, even me. I don't know why they liked me so much when they barely even knew me. Even my dad could barely afford to get us food so usually we never went out. But I guess UK had so much extra money he didn't care.

I got a medium cup and filled it with chocolate yogurt and put on some nuts and caramel for the toppings. Canada was already drenching his vanilla in the maple syrup dispenser. Zealand and Aussie were putting fruit toppings on theirs. And Ame..............dear god what was he doing!?!?!?! He somehow managed to shove every flavor and topping into one cup which was overflowing and oozing everywhere and mixed into a brown concoction.

"Dude.............how are you not fat!?!?!!?" I shouted.

"MmmmMmMMMmmmm..........." He tried to eat some but UK grabbed it away from him.

"Son we need to pay for this before you eat............whatever the bloody hell this is............" UK scoffed at Ame's disturbing creation.

As he paid for the yogurts I couldn't help but notice every other country in the store was staring at me..........This always happens because of my height and probably the bandages on my arms. Some of Ame's family is pretty tall yet I still tower over them. I just hated the extra attention. I'm just............glad someone in the world finally doesn't hate me. Even if they are EXTREMELY weird.

We all sat down at the table and Ame immediately began scarfing his down with light speed.

"Aye son do you have any manners?" UK scoffed.

"Well he was the one that ate dirt in elementary school..............." Zealand added. Ame's face suddenly froze in shock.

"BbbbbrrRrrrRAiiiiiiiiNNNN FFrrrReEEeZEeee!!!!!!!" He stuttered.

"Wow even I don't eat this fast.........." I commented as I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

Surprise surprise, even though he had way more yogurt than anyone else that pig still finished first. I have no idea how he can hold that much food down in him............or maybe I just had a small stomach because I was never given large portions. I've learned to survive on little food I guess.

Eventually we were all finished and it was time to head home.

"Yet another awesome day with the homie!!!!" Ame gave me a warm hug. Whenever I was around him I just felt.........amazing. Like something about him just made me very warm inside and made me very happy. I remember other countries always told me that if you are in love with someone you feel very warm around them and they make you very happy. Is that..........what I'm feeling with Ame? No Russ, you're not gay and you never will be...........why was I even having these thoughts? Maybe all those other countries were looking at me because they thought me and Ame were a couple. Well I really wish they would stop because that's just disgusting!!!!! I also heard that you can get that fuzzy feeling around a really good friend. Yeah, that's it. I'm just not used to the feeling of friendship. He's just a really good friend................a friend that makes me feel finally appreciated.