"I don't care about winning," Hajime replied, a competitive smirk on his face. "But I won't tolerate losing to you."

"My goodness." another voice joined in. "You two always get into it the moment you see each other. How unsightly," Kiji said, a hand on his cheek. "You're going to sully my Cell 6."

"What did you say? You stink of perfume!" Samon retorted.

Kiki threatened him. "Oh? Would you like me to close up your nose with cement, then?"

"Don't make threatening comments to your opponents, Monkey, Kiji. It's disgraceful," Kenshirou joined in.

"Stop being so conceited, you damn dog!" Samon snapped.

"There's only one inmate in Building 4, Cell 10, right?" Kiji questioned, looking at him. "Are you taking your anger out on us because you can't win?"

Kenshirou's one good eye narrowed. "You two are not my enemies."

"A monkey, a pheasant, and a dog," Rock commented carelessly.

"It's like Momotaro!" Nico exclaimed with a smile.

"They're all just henchmen," Jyugo insulted.

"Who are you calling henchmen?!" Kiji and Samon angrily shouted, glaring at Jyugo who hid behind Akiri. A tick mark appeared on her head as the aura around her worsened.

"...Dotards..." she growled under her breath quietly, but no one seemed to have heard her.

"Happy New Year, you ****s! The New Year's Tournament is about to start, yo! I, Mitsuru, will be the play-by-play commentator, yo! Which building will win the prize by advancing through the five competition events?! Inmates! Guards! Please cooperate with one another today to become the champions, yo!"

Yamato laughed loudly after Mitsuru's extremely loud statement. Hajime covered his ears with both hands and another tick mark appeared on Akiri's head. Her patience was this close to snap. Loud noises, crowds... They were lucky that Akiri had more patience than Kyoya or else she would have snapped and started attacking everyone already.

"Hahaha! Mitsuru-dono is as energetic as ever!" Yamato yelled.

"He's too energetic. He's hurting my ears," Hajime grumbled.

"The first event is kakizome!" Mitsuru announced. "The theme is 'Happy New Year'! The participant with the most beautiful and artistic penmanship is the winner!"

Akiri turned to Hajime. "Hn. I will only participate in the first event. Once I do you will give me permission to roam the halls and not be in the crowd."

Hajime looked at the girl, internally cursing. 'Dammit! She's the only competitant one from these fools that I know won't cause me trouble and can actually make us win!' "You'll participate in the first and last event," Hajime said and Akiri narrowed her eyes. "I'll let you stay out of the crowd until the last event."

"...Deal." They shook hands, both internally smirking before they started to get to work.

Rock, Uno, and Nico shook, sweat rolling down their bodies. "Th-There's no way we can write that!"

"No, wait! We have him!" Uno said, sounding assured.

"That's right!" Nico piped up, relieved.

Rock pumped his fist, a light surrounding him. "He's Japanese, so he should be good!" he replied, sounding confident.

Jyugo opened his closed eye, revealing his green iris. Picking up the brush, he closed his eyes once again as he went to work, ink swirling around. Nico, Uno, and Rock all gasped, looking in awe as Jyugo once again opened his heterochromia eyes, a passionate expression on his face. The wind blew as he positioned his ink covered brush above the paper before swiping against it, making ink strokes.