Breakout 07

"You as well, Mukuro."

"Kufufufu," the male let out his signature creepy laugh, smiling down at Akiri. Letting his feet touch the floor, he casually strided over to the older girl, standing within her reach. "Are you enjoying your time in prison Aki?"

She let out a low growl. "Annoying. Too crowded and loud."

Mukuro hummed. "I'm surprised you haven't snapped yet." He reached into his pocket. "Well, you behave more on missions compared to that skylark," He replied, his tone becoming mocking when he said 'skylark'. "Here you go."

Removing his hand from his pocket, Mukuro handed Akiri her box weapon. She looked down at the box with a gentle gaze. "Hn. Thanks Mukuro."

"Kufufu. Anytime Aki." he rubbed her head with his hand. Akiri gave him a look and he raised his hands up in defense, a teasing smile still on his face. "By the way... Your loverboy told me to give you a message."

Akiri perked up, blinking in shock before her expression went back to normal. Mukuro, who noticed her slip in expression, repressed a chuckle. She was eager, oh how love changed her. "Hn. He's not my lover." Mukuro let out a loud, unrestrained laugh. One arm clutched his stomach while the other one was placed under his chin. Akiri glared. "Stop laughing... Pineapple."

The laughter ceased and Mukuro's brow twitched. "Aki I love you, but don't call me a pineapple or else."

"Message."

He smirked, standing up straight. "His message is, "Finish quickly so you can come home"."

"Hn." She rolled her eyes (trying to fight back her blush), placing her box weapon into her pocket. She looked over at Mukuro, observing the male. The last time she saw him was two months ago before she left for her mission when Varia visited Japan. 'How old was he now?' She was his senior, but she knew Mukuro's birthday had passed a while ago. 'He's 16 now... So Kyoya should now be 17...' "How's Kyoya?"

Mukuro let out a sigh, an expression mixed with disgust and annoyance. "Your baby skylark is doing fine." Akiri nodded, satisfied with just that. She knew Mukuro wouldn't lie to her and as much as he hated her cousin, he would inform her if there were any problems. "You know," Mukuro drawled out, his eyes piercing into her own. He took one step closer, leaning down slightly so their faces were at the same level. Akiri noticed compared to her own 5'7" figure that Mukuro had definitely grown, no longer being an inch taller than her. "I was wondering this entire time... Why did you of all people get chosen for this mission?" He smiled. "Care to tell me why, Aki?"

Two Months Ago

"VOIIII! Aki!" Squalo shouted, slamming the dining hall door open. Akiri, who was mid bite, paused, glancing over at the long white haired male. "You're late brat!

She grunted. "Squalo. Noisy," she proceeded to say before finishing her bite of steak. Swallowing, she put her fork and knife down, and stood up, walking over to him. "Mission?"

"Yeah, shitty boss called a meeting," Squalo answered and the two walked side by side.

"Hn."

The two were silent the rest of the way which was shocking since Squalo was known as the loudest member in the mafia (as ranked by Futa). It wasn't an awkward type of silence, it was comforting. Akiri hated noises and Squalo was noisy, it was quite a shock to everyone when they found out that the two actually got along and Akiri didn't mind being around him. Opening the door without knocking, Akiri swung it open, dodging a bullet that came from the gun of their boss. Inside the room, the other members watched with amusement (except Fran who was busy training with his sensei, Mukuro).