Chapter 18- Pride and Prejudice and Paintball

Start from the beginning

"Oh, and wear white."

~

"Wow." Sam whistled at his brother with and amused look. "I didn't think it was possible for someone to suck as much as you do, Stanton."

"Shut up!" Stanton yelled back, before another large splotch of bright pink paint exploded onto the front of his shirt. "OW!"

I snickered from where I was watching a few feet away, ducked behind a wall to avoid being hit. Judging from his glare Stanton must have heard me, but right as he opened his mouth to yell at me he was hit in the chest by another shot, and all that came out was another, "OWWWWW!"

After much debate over where we were going to go, (I had to use my right to veto anything ridiculous and/or illegal more than I care to admit), we had all settled on paint-balling. Sam had figured that it'd be a good way to clear the air between us and bond, or some bullshit along those lines.

"There's nothing more therapeutic than shooting each other in the face." I said mockingly in an admittedly cheap imitation of Sam, purposefully loud enough for him to hear from where he was crouched behind another barrier. "As if. You're just a pervert who wanted an excuse to see pretty girls covered in paint."

He shrugged, unperturbed. "I won't apologize for having good taste." He ducked his head out from behind the barrier and fired his gun a few times. "Damn, they've all taken cover. At this rate, we'll be overtaken in minutes."

"Sam- OWWW!" Stanton winced, and another splotch of blue appeared on his shoulder. "How do they keep hitting me? I'm hiding right next to you!"

"You know, I'm not even sure." Sam actually looked thoroughly baffled as he observed his brother's body, nearly completely covered in a rainbow of paints. "How is it possible that you get hit so often, when I'm right next to you and I've only been shot twice?"

"Because he sucks." I answered conclusively. "Even the universe agrees."

"By the way, where's Sandy?" Sam asked, before his twin could defend his suckiness.

Just then, a loud battle cry erupted from behind us. I turned my head just in time to see that it was my younger brother, his safety goggles that were a little to big for him bouncing on his nose as he charged towards the enemy, and his gun firing out paintball after paintball like a machine gun.

Several cries of pain erupted from the enemy's side as they were hit by my baddass little brother. I peeked over in time to see a guy who had been attempting to escape fall flat on his face as he was nailed in the back of the head.

"Is it just me, or is Sandy scarily good at this?" I wondered aloud. I glanced meaningfully at my older brothers. "Anyways, I'm going in after Sandman. Any advice?"

"Don't die." Sam offered.

"Fabulous." I replied dryly. "Selena out!"

I hitched up my paintball gun and charged in yelling like a banshee, attempting to draw their attention away from where Sandy was crouching as he aimed. Hoping to avoid as much pain and paint as possible, I tried running in a zigzag as I approached the heat of the battle.

I finally made it to where Sandy had taken cover, and I crouched against the short wall, trying to catch my breath. "Sandman, have I ever told you that you're a beast?"

Sandy paused his shooting to look over at me. "No Sissy, I'm a person, not a beast." He explained seriously. I couldn't resist giggling at how cute he was.

"So what's the plan?" I finally asked him, before poking my head above the wall to shoot blindly at the enemy. Well, I'm sure it looked cool anyways.