Let Us Help You

Începe de la început

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Eli." Kathleen greeted, walking into her brother's room, seeing him staring out of the window. "You wanna come hang out in the living room?" She asked.

"Huh?" He asked, snapping out of his thoughts. "Oh, no, thanks."

"You okay?" Kathleen asked, concerned, as she walked further into her brother's room.

"Yeah." Eli replied shortly.

"You sure? You seem kinda...freaked out." Kathleen observed, sitting next to him on the bed.

Eli sighed. "I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and I heard sounds coming from Dad's room so I walked in. He was shouting Mom's name in his sleep." He explained softly.

"Did he say anything when he woke up?" Kathleen asked.

"He just asked if he freaked me out and if he woke up anybody else and I said no." Eli responded. "If he does it again, I'll just wake him up. No big deal." He shrugged.

"Eli, you're thirteen. You shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that." Kathleen said softly.

"It's Dad. I can't just not do anything." Eli countered back.

Kathleen sighed softly. "I think we need to have an intervention."

Eli's eyes widened. "What?! Why?" He asked incredulously.

"It's clear that Dad needs help and I think if he hears it from all of us, together, maybe he'll listen. It's the only way he's gonna get help." Kathleen explained.

Eli sighed heavily. "What if he doesn't listen to us?" He asked softly.

Kathleen took her brother's hand into her own and gave him a soft look. "I know someone we can call who can help us."

"Okay." Eli whispered.

"Come on, Tyler wants us to watch Cars for the millionth time." She smiled lightly, watching her brother smile back as they went into the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Noah." Olivia greeted, smiling as she walked into her son's room.

"Morning, Mama." Noah replied, smiling back as he stretched and yawned, then hugged his mother. After he pulled back, he got some clothes out of his drawers and went into the bathroom to change. He walked into the living room and saw his mother walking into the kitchen, opening the refrigerator. He smiled as he watched her start to make breakfast. "Are you making French toast?" He asked happily.

"Do you want me to make French toast?" She asked, smiling, knowing what he would say.

"Yes, please!" He responded excitedly, making Olivia laugh.

"French toast it is, then." Olivia replied, smiling as she got to work.

Once the food was ready, Olivia dished out two plates and brought them into the living room, along with coffee for herself and milk for him. Noah turned to smile at her and watched as she set his plate in front of him. "Thanks, Mama!" He exclaimed.