[part 2] Why now?

A few months had gone by. 

Yuta regularly came over to my house to hang out with me, which of course Gojo found very entertaining.

He would come over atleast once a week to watch a movie with me, or discuss his day.

 One day we both fell asleep and Gojo of course took his chance and snapped a picture (he still rubs that picture in my face every now and then).

One thing however had been bugging me, which was Rika. Yesterday when Yuta stayed over for dinner it happened again.

"Do you want some more rice?" I asked him.
"Yes please"

While grabbing the bowl to pass it to Yuta my arm accidentally touched his. In a matter of seconds Rika came out. "Don't touch him." the curse hissed at me.

"Im so sorry, I don't know why she's like this" Yuta apologized

"Rika... It's okay it's just Ryu..." He tried to calm her down.

I stood up from the table and walked away, Yuta watched me leave.

After 20 minutes I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in" I replied.

Yuta slowly opened the door "I'm so sorry, she's just a bit protective, she cares a lot."

I didn't know why but suddenly I got very annoyed . "Well maybe she should mind her own business" I snapped at him.

An awkward silence fell between us two. Maybe you shouldn't have said that but I was still angry with him for some reason.

"Ryu, did I do something wrong?"

"No." I answered shortly.

"Maybe I should go... I'll see you tomorrow" He said and turned around.

No reaction from me. The boy looked confused and if I didn't know any better I would've thought his eyes looked kinda sad.

As he got up and walked away I turned around to say bye, but he was already gone.

I immediatly regretted what I had said to him.

Why was I even angry in the first place?

The next morning I got up and went to get breakfast noticing only Megumi was sitting at the dining table.

"Where is Gojo?"

"Idk he said he had an important meeting with a student." Megumi said while shoving his mouth full with cereal. 

I decided to text Yuta, and ask him if he could come over so I could apologize.

Yuta

Today

Me
Hey could you come over to talk?
delivered 10:26 am

After 20 minutes I checked my phone, nothing.

Did I really screw up that bad?

I spent the whole day waiting for a reply from him, only I didn't get it. And the only thing I could feel was regret.

4 days had gone by, still nothing. 

The school year had finally ended today. I tossed my diploma on the table, well so much for middle school.

Gojo came up behind you along with Megumi.
"Phew that ceremony was so beautiful" Gojo said while wiping away a fake tear.

Megumi turned to him with an annoyed expression. "It would have been if you weren't there cheering for us"

"Seriously it was so embarrassing" I backed him up.

Gojo stuck out his tongue while grabbing something to drink for all of you.
"So what do you want to eat, i'll let both of you decide for today"

"Take out?" I asked

"Fine by me" Megumi said

"Take out it is!" Gojo said while grabbing his phone.

Right when he was ordering, someone knocked on the front door. Gojo gestured at me to open the door.

Can't he do it himself for once? I thought while opening the door. 

I mean he probably invited them ove-

"Yuta?" I froze in the opening of the door.

The black haired boy looked at me in shock. "Ryu hey, how have you been?" He said awkwardly looking at his feet.

Really that's it?

"I've been alright" I gestured for him to come in. 

I wanted to walk away but he grabbed my wrist.

"Can we talk for a bit?"

He pulled me along with him to my room, closing the door behind him.

Not knowing what to say I stood there.

"I have to tell you something" he said with an expression I couldn't quite place.

"I also want to tell you something" I admitted.

An awkward silence fell.

"Look Yuta i'm really sor-"

"Im going abroad for next school year." He interrupted me.

I abruptly stopped talking.

"I'm really sorry I didn't respond to your texts, I was really scared to tell you this and I've been very busy trying to sort everything out."

"Oh.." is all I could bring out.

"It's only for one year, I'll call you and stuff, I hope we're still friends, I hope you don't mind"
He said while smiling at you.

Friends? why did that word bug you so much, you and Yuta were in fact friends. So what is the problem here?

"You alright?" He said having a worried look on his face. 

He was about to put his hand on mu shoulder but I stopped him.

"I'm fine" I gave him a smile.

"Great! You had me worried there." He said smiling at me.

"Let's go have some dinner now" He opened the door.

I stood there in confusion. Why? Why now? Why does he have to leave?

Before he left my room he turned back to me with that same smile.

 Oh how much I hated that smile right now.

"I'll miss you Ryu"

My eyes expanded, and I felt tears coming up.

"I'll miss you too"

Please don't go, please don't leave me here I thought.

He turned back and stepped trough the door on his way to dinner, leaving me there on my own.

————————————————————————
I finally updated, im so sorry it took this long. Been busy with my exams. I have 4 more exams left after that im finally free from school, which means i'll start updating regularly. I hope this chapter was any good.